No announcement yet.

Gen Mo'kai concept art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking on making the Gen Mo'kai concept, but the thing is I don't know how to
    speedpaint without the clunky pixels. I'm using Gimp 2. Probably I had to learn how to do that
    sometime.
    Last edited by ShrapnelAD; 08-17-2014, 02:39 PM.
    Have fun fragging in the tournament! - ShrapnelAD aka "FlakTaryd" or "FlakT"

Comment

Throwing around ideas. Concepts of concepts. I hope this inspires somebody out there. Gooba inspired all of these.

Attached Files

Comment

What is 6? That thing looks like a robot or something with all the glowy bits.

5 looks very regal with all that gold armor covering it. Great overall shape, though I do not associate gold armor with Gen Mo'kai very easily.

2 makes me think of a dinosaur. I dunno why, but that head and skin color really speaks "Triassic Park" to me. Good thing?

I think 1 and 2 are great starting points. The body shape of 1 is great and spot-on, but the lighter, less present armor in 2 really speaks Gen Mo'Kai to me.
        Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
        Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
        Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
        --Captain Crit

Comment

#4 is interesting, Gen Mo'Kai certainly have a connection to crystals, so having such a crystalline armour would be a nice touch. But probably better kept in place by wood, not metal.
          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Those are bad ***, Dragon!
            You should do more.

Comment

I'm liking the silhouettes on the Gen Mo' Kai concept. Number one closely nails the direction.
              Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon7350 View Post
                Throwing around ideas. Concepts of concepts. I hope this inspires somebody out there. Gooba inspired all of these.

That moment when you just can't pick the best one!

I agree with others on 1 and 2 though, they have more dino style on them which is good (as they are supposed to be dino-like alien race) and they match originals the best, while others do have some nice take on more technological equipment. 3 and 6 remind me of certain movie too. 8 is a bit blurry but I think I see some silver armor there. Also, not sure if those are cloth or armor extensions on his/her hips... Would love to see finished versions of each really!
                But 7 stands out the most for me. I don't know why, must be the colors!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon7350 View Post
                  looks quite really well !

i be happy if they are in the game as Skins !

and.. maybe all parts, changeable with the the characters together,
                  so it is possible for building totally new characters 8/\?Parts

the first body with 8 Diffrent Heads and 8 diffrent Arms and legs
                  so, changeable body partes , she same with the 2nd and the others bodys

best regards
                  Blacky

Comment

Hey, nice concept there! I like the 3rd one, reminds me of Damarus. The 2nd and 5th
                    one looks sexy with the body, armor and head choice. The 4th one looks good but not
                    big on feathers on head, or might of been the helmet. The 8th looks blury but stands out good with
                    the silver shine on armor. 1, 6, and 7 looks great at best. Liked them all, you did great there!
                    Keep it up.

Comment

I actually like all these. They could just be armor designs for the team.

Comment

Been several weeks since I've last commented on this thread, so
                        is there any additions of the characters you want to add?

Comment

Sweet! IMO number 1 has a great head (with helmet), tail and legs design while numbers 2, 6 and 7 have interesting body and leg armor features. Keep up the good job.

Comment

Working...
                          X