Tribal Ninjas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribal Ninjas

I saw the thread suggesting some tribal type characters, and thought it could be a pretty neat idea to use cloth and other retro armors.

These are pretty rough, didn't have much time, but I think its a really cool direction so far. Plenty more ideas to explore.

Cheers!

Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Real cool jackets!
    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Really neat guys and love your style as usual Gooba. I have concern over their cowls/hoods for gameplay reasons.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Looks like some great new characters to add to destiny.
        BeyondUnreal Podcast
        r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Maybe they could be a great variant for Nali characters!
          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

I like the faction oriented designs Gooba.

However.. we still need the misfits.
            a)"space pirate"
            b)"cyber punk"
            c)"honky tonk outer space bar hopper"
            Description:
            a) You know.. the guy cruising around space who is loyal to nobody. He will cut your throat and steal your loot and your women.
            b) A space jerk who is edgey and intelligent. He chows on food from alien pizza joints.
            c) He will knock over your futuristic harley davidson if you **** him off. He's rowdy. A brawler that smells like cow dung and cheap cologne.

(some ideas for you if you don't mind because I like your character designs and would like to see you try your hand at these or anyone else for that matter who's willing to give them a try)
            Last edited by d33p_Sky; 07-18-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I have concern over their cowls/hoods for gameplay reasons.
              I understand your concern, I am worried about the same thing, but I believe they are still safe enough in terms of silhouette and readability to work. The hood/cowl doesn't really "hide" the head from the back like the juggernaut does. It does obscure the neck obviously, so that may be an issue, but if you were to just see the silhouette you could tell where the head was.

Looks like some great new characters to add to destiny.
              What's your point?

honky tonk outer space bar hopper
              Ya know, I might have to make that guy.
              Last edited by Gooba; 07-19-2014, 01:31 AM.
              Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

look's nice !

best regards
                Blacky

Comment

These are cool. I like where you're going with this. Maybe a little heavier fabric/armor around the arms to complement the heavier torso gear?
                  If Xan isn't in UT4, I'm not playing it.

Comment

I like the idea of having a type of lightly armored warrior. The red one looks better than the blue one imo. Let's see more!
                    Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                    Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                    Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                    --Captain Crit

Comment

Haah, Assassin's Creed meets Unreal Tournament. That's very amusing!
                      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

These are pretty cool concepts as always Gooba.
                        I would suggest you keep an eye on the "flappy" bits though. :-)
                        MyArtstation
                        @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                          These are pretty cool concepts as always Gooba.
                          I would suggest you keep an eye on the "flappy" bits though. :-)
                          I dont think flappy bits are necessarily a bad thing, we just dont need tons of them on one character.

As for the concepts themselves, they're pretty good. You've always been a great artist Gooba and I think these are pretty great concepts. I do think I prefer the blue ninja's over-all concept though over the red one's, and I think you should base any future designs for characters like these (Perhaps you could make a new faction with them? Or maybe they could be a rebuilt Ronin?) off of that concept and its general design. It feels nice and slick while still being well detailed.

Comment

Love the concept and uniqueness of these characters.

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                            Really neat guys and love your style as usual Gooba. I have concern over their cowls/hoods for gameplay reasons.
                            What's the concern with the cowls? I don't think anyone would have a hard time getting a headshot on these characters since the location of the head would be obvious even from behind.

Comment

I really like them. Except they look like Guardians from Destiny.
                              Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Working...
                              X