Character Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Customization

I would like to see some form of character customization. Nothing like this armor is better than this one. something like even armor but different designs. So with this Idea we could make a armor maker. like everyone can make their own pieces of armor and people could make clan armor or even start a armor store. (Sorry for bad spelling and punctuation.)

Just to be clear, is this meant for Unreal Tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
      Just to be clear, is this meant for Unreal Tournament?
      Yes sorry about not mentioning it.

Comment

Ok, i'm moving this to Unreal Tournament section of the forum then.

Comment

This would probably just hamper loading times and have all sorts of bugs with missing bits of armour etc. Isn't that what the demoguy fiasco was in UT3? Custom armour sets not being translated properly?

Comment

Originally posted by ~SS~ View Post
            This would probably just hamper loading times and have all sorts of bugs with missing bits of armour etc. Isn't that what the demoguy fiasco was in UT3? Custom armour sets not being translated properly?
            Well I'm just coming up with ideas.

Comment

Whilst the studio probably will want to keep their own DLC free, I don't see why modders won't be able to sell armour sets/costumes once Marketplace is more developed.

Comment

I don't see why modders won't be able to sell armour sets/costumes once Marketplace is more developed.
                What's the point? Unless everyone buys them nobody will see them.

Comment

I actually really liked the character customization in "Brink" that abhorrently done parkour shooter. Only good part about that game was the character customizing that brought nothing to gameplay, but by god I would love to see that in UT4

Comment

Even though I didn't like the Gears of War style meathead characters in UT3 I liked how you could change the little armor and bits and whatnot. Probably not high priority but I wouldn't mind it.

Comment

Having some sort of armor customization would definitely bring a personal touch to your avatar. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented. Then, not only could mod authors create new character models, they could also create character armor "parts". It's certainly within the engine's capabilities. (Mass Effect and UT3's armor customization comes to mind)

Comment

lol... meh
                        Last edited by Chaos8192; 08-21-2014, 01:44 AM.

Comment

The main issue in UT 3 (other than custom characters not loading in) was that since all the pieces in a team had to be interchangeable, all characters in a team had to kinda' look the same, so that pieces wouldn't stand out too much when combined. This actually reduces visual variety within each individual team.

We'll need to nail down exactly what we mean by customization system before we can foresee too many issues, but I suspect it's the kind of thing that would need to be decided on early so characters can be designed with it in mind.

Comment

maybe Something like the costumisationtools from APB (All Point Bulletin)
                            Working On: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...acter-Concepts

Comment

Okay, whoever made the APB character editor deserves a price or medal for (most likely) the best character editor ever made (it has the most freedom I've seen at least) - and yes, I admit I would love to see this kind of stuff in UT4, but honestly, chances are minimal. The effort one has to put into this (especially to cover up the style of the Unreal Universe and not spoiling it) will probably be ridiculously high and eventually, character modellers would have a hard time making proper models that work with the editor.
                              S l y .

Comment

Working...
                              X