New factions, Liandri and Necris characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] New factions, Liandri and Necris characters

Creating different shaped characters with different armor and the same sized hit boxes may be tricky
    but it's worth it to have characters supposedly from different planets and backgrounds looking
    like they belong in the same universe. Cumulative detail, later just focusing on the characters "silhouette" or what works and what doesn't. This is in illustrator so I can easily edit it.
    the pseudo Xan looks a bit pedestrian so I may work out a 3/4 view of that.

Attached Files

Liandri went very well. However it is necessary to remove the heel of a woman robot, that's just silly. And the rest is very cool, well done.

Comment

Hooray for Xan!
      i like all designs. I think you ll have to play around with some characters colours, as the current colour scheme would make some characters a bit undetectable and washed in with surroundings.

Comment

xan look frikn awesome dude, i like them necris asswell.
        but who is it in the 2nd picture?
        BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
        DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
        ‚Äč
        Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

A little too far. Nothing changes.

Comment

Also here - biceps hidery!
            Players dont want eccentric supersuits
            and more loose fit and easy coolness.
            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

The character in the second image looks like he'd fit the bill for being an N.
              Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
              My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I really like these design the xan one is a bit too bulky if he would be a slightly thinner shape it would be kick-***, the necris would be a bit blueish-violet in their dead body, I do like anyway

pd: the sniper weapon is nice too!

Comment

Xan (who looks like a Cylon!) looks wicked Sick!! I love it.

Comment

This might be my favorite Zan design yet.

Comment

Very fresh designs, I really like the fresh take to Necris/Corrupt/Mercs.

Maybe makes Xan's shoes a little bigger, they kinda look like cleats instead of boots lol.

Comment

Thank you for the input. some of the things mentioned are relatively cosmetic. As for "Xan" I think a barrel chested approach may be better or just tone down the linebacker look. I'd like to focus on original character content to flesh out the factions while introducing new ones. Xan is popular so he's the only one that you would know in this group.

instead of an overall Ironman or Crysis feel I thinking Adding a distinct mix of that and texture effects to some models might be the best route to differentiate factions, especially considering some of the questions brought up with how the Necris should look. a palette swap shouldn't be enough to rebrand a model as easily to any given faction.

Comment

I would like a-gendered Liandris. They're machines; they don't have a gender anymore than your joypad or car or television does.

Comment

In many science fiction films and games robots do with both sexes. Yes, it looks odd. But beautiful. In addition, a female robot always make such a cool voice ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                              In many science fiction films and games robots do with both sexes. Yes, it looks odd. But beautiful. In addition, a female robot always make such a cool voice ...

If it's the voice you like... you can keep the cool female robot voice and yet not make the robots look like girls (or boys). A good example is Glados from Portal: female voice, but she isn't a female android.

I still fondly remember the UT3 robots. I would like the UT4 robots to keep looking not human. Essentially, I want robots, not androids. They're scarier, because your mind can't deceivingly relate to them or attribute them emotions.
                              Besides, whenever I see a female android, I keep thinking that's not designed for war.

I propose the gender choice to be based on the voice: male and female Liandri bots should have the same exact models, but you can choose a male voice or a female voice.

Comment

Working...
                              X