Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in trying to make something, but has UT4 been completely abandoned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in trying to make something, but has UT4 been completely abandoned?

Hi, I'd be interested in trying to make some characters, or at least some cosmetics, but if I do: What are the chances that they'll ever make it into the game?
    It seems like nothing has been added in 2 years, and I remember seeing a bunch of robot characters and stuff already made in 2015. Why were they never added? What is going on?

I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort on making something if it's not even going to be considered...

they were not added because animations, textures and details were missing. First step would probably be to remake the robot or other premade skins like the old man with 1 leg. Then just .pak the character and test if you can choose it. Next step would be to put it on a server either as character.pak or mutator.pak. The chances of using it are high, because we have no custom characters yet. It would be custom content, which every server needs. But please don't make a cute anime girl.... maybe a character that fits to UT or even a UT2004 remake. You can just export the mesh as .obj. Then just adjust it to 2018, make the rig and done.
    Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

n0niz pretty much answered how your character could be used in game currently. As for the "Is UT still in development ?", it's currently on infinite hiatus for now. It's not cancelled, but there's no active development from the devs since a long time already (as you probably have guessed). But you still can play and edit.

Comment

Working...
      X