New Character | GENGHIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Character | GENGHIS

I found the Genghis skeletal mesh sitting in a lonely folder inside the editor contents. No textures, normal maps, sounds or anything.
    Couldn't find any info about it in the forums either. But I did find the original sculpt renders by Adam Skutt on artstation.

Here is his original sculpt render.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adamskuttwaistup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	402923

Here is the current state of the asset in editor. :{

Name:	ScreenShot00009.png
Size:	531.1 KB
ID:	402916

I added some placeholder materials on the model to see how it might look. Also added a placeholder functional team material for the armor. Looks like old Leonardo De Caprio.

Name:	ScreenShot00018.png
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	402917

I put all of these into action & assembled a functional test player character. Seems to work well in game.

For me the hardest part would be the hair, since I've never worked with hair for games before. Another major issue is the lack of hires mesh info. A simple normal map would have been enough. But I'll have to improvise & see how I can get some nice details without having to sculpt the character myself.

So, I did a "quick" pass on the low poly mesh to see the potential of the textures. This is the result. I'll be improving on it soon.

Unreal Tournament Character Genghis

Unreal Tournament character Genghis

Yes I, a Dready UT character! Nice find Mogno, Keep It Up!
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Is it just me, or is his head too big? Great looking character anyway, he has some charisma and potential to become one of the UT4 icons.

Comment

wow mogno this is the kind of things I like for UT, beside the current Epic's utstyle skinning (which does not mean to be bad at all)

Comment

Its finished ?

Comment

Working...
          X