Fortnite character mod allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite character mod allowed?

Will Epic allow us to make Fortnite characters for UT4 and share them? I mean copy the model from scratch by looking at concept art and screen shots then modeling in Maya, Substance Painter and such. I don't mean rip assets from the actual game. I'm assuming the answer is no but wanted to check. Did some googling and couldn't find any info on that.

i think it's fine, but nobody would play it, except on a fun server. Your choice to make the afford
    Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Oh cool. Yah it would just be a fun little mesh replacement mod or something, not a full blown mod but a little more than a simple skin swap. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the info n0niz. It's much appreciated.

Comment

There goes the neighborhood..
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

uh oh..

Comment

Lol. We have to trick some Fortnite players to come over to UT so we get some official support again.

Comment

Well I heard earlier some Fortnite Battle Royale players got lawsuited for modding Fortnite Battle Royale especially while cheating by using Aimbots. There was a user which uploaded Fortnite Battle Royale modding tools, but Epic Tencent Games (it's just a joke) deleted videos of that user that's what I heard of. Anyway is it possible to start character modding in Fortnite Battle Royale now without waiting for Epic Games official modding support according to Epic Games Trello Roadmap? Do you know how to downgrade from season 10 into 1(do default dance emote 1 still exist in game because I heard it was removed due to copyrights infringement, right?)

Comment

this is not a fortnite forums, thanks
                  Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Well because Fortnite forum is closed and moved officially to the reddit. At least LawBreakers(it's similar to Overwatch and Unreal Tournament) and Radical Heights could be moddable pc games because Cliff Bleszinski permamently closed his game studio Bosskey Productions. Also on my smartphone this forum got Fortnite Battle Royale logo icon for some unknown reason. Seriously I'm not even joking.
                    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 07-31-2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by n0niz View Post
                      this is not a fortnite forums, thanks
                      Yah. I'm wondering if that's one reason why UT dev was stopped. They were worried about people trying to make a bunch of Fortnite mods instead of UT stuff.

Well the Fortnite fever has cooled down in me so I'm more interested in making UT stuff again. I just can't justify playing with an engine version that is so far behind the latest build though.

Comment

There was generic Fortnite forum to be honest in 100% with you guys however it moved to Reddit(seriously speaking if you don't believe me) instead for unknown reasons. Do you think all of any Fortnite modding attempts just like in Minecraft might end up with lawsuits? I want to know how to downgrade Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 2 into Fortnite Battle Royale Season 1. I found some video how to turn it into at least from season 5 to season 2.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6NuaBQ2QI
                        I wish it could be just a joke in this video that Fortnite never dies.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_27rLvNow
                        Last edited by Gamerz31w; 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X