Sly.'s Creatures and Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Sly.'s Creatures and Monsters

I thought I'd make this thread to collect concept art of (ambient) creatures and monsters that I make. It might be that I will post more.

Whoever wants to model any of these for a SP gametype, Monsterhunt or Invasion can of course do so.

Here's the first one, a Manta:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Let me know, what you think!
    S l y .

hi

looks not bad ! but the wings maybe not so rounded outside.
    you can look again there :
    http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/File:Manta.jpg

and the tail is very important, because they hit with it,
    can be maybe like the mandibles from the ...
    http://www.linsenbeute.de/mikroforum.../2tausend-.jpg

but more apart .. to have an possible for make thickness wounds if they hit.

best regards
    Blacky

the fly's , they looks like an big dragonfly, in addition, nurfs well also *s*
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

That looks really good! Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        I thought I'd make this thread to collect concept art of (ambient) creatures and monsters that I make. It might be that I will post more.

Whoever wants to model any of these for a SP gametype, Monsterhunt or Invasion can of course do so.

Here's the first one, a Manta:
        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Let me know, what you think!
        This is a good take on the Manta, and I feel like your drawing style works well with the organic shapes here.
        What I would recommend though is try and take the Manta to another level. The side profile in particular is pretty boring. How can we make this more interesting?
        Another tack I might take is asking how the Manta works as an actual organism. The Manta has no legs at all, so I wonder how it rests and sleeps? Perhaps it has some air sacs that allow it to fly even while sleeping. Or perhaps Mantas rest on the surface of water when they are resting.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Up!

I like the design, but it needs more muscle around the armpit area.. Flapping muscle ya know
          a bit beefyness. Maybe 2 small legs with claws as wail suggested too! some glowy eyes, and a more stinger type of tail. (however i do not dislike the current tail)
          BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
          DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

ehh jepp, for crawl, maybe from crack between the stones or something ..

best regards
            blacky

Comment

Boy I hope they bring Invasion back, I had so many good times. I really like your Manta, the only change I would make is to give it a bit longer wings. Keep making more!

Comment

Awesome Manta man, I would consider making the face and head of it into a more dragon ish look, for some reason it looks like a fish to me but I cant pinpoint what it is possibly the lines on its head, maybe a spike or something?

Comment

Nice. I'd love to see your takes on the Unreal II creatures. Mukhogg?

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                  Another tack I might take is asking how the Manta works as an actual organism. The Manta has no legs at all, so I wonder how it rests and sleeps? Perhaps it has some air sacs that allow it to fly even while sleeping. Or perhaps Mantas rest on the surface of water when they are resting.
                  In the game we saw them hovering just slightly above the ground when idle.
                  Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                  My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

GreatEmerald you're right, because, the spiders and others creatures was in Unreal2 also nice but we should not forget,
                    behemonth and Stone-/titans and they other at first, then maybe the Unreal2 characters

best regards
                    Blacky

Comment

Sly , my buddy. Suprise!!

Made a few collages of the monster models in UT99 for you to use as reference. (i left out the fly, fish cuz it aint hard to imagine what that looked like)
                      also i left out one or 2 skaarjtypes. if you want certain model. shout!

kind regards, irri
                      Attached Files
                      BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                      DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Good start.

A couple of thoughts:

The original manta is more triangular-shaped, I think that makes it look more aggressive and dangerous, you could play around with different wing-shapes and where the wings are attached to the body - maybe even try to give it a neck.

The polygon-count is less of a problem these days so you could add more details. Perhaps a sail or spikes along the back.

There are three different types of manta in unreal (the giant manta is perhaps only of opposite sex to the small one though, but they could still have some differences). So give it a thought how the cave manta is different.

Good luck.

Comment

Tentacle, slith, skaarj, gasbag - all available for UT3, could be ported or re-done.
                          1st image of the manta is v.nice
                          Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

Man sees pixels but thats also good
                            since it sorta hides the meshes lowpoly!
                            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

It's good, but there's just one thing - I feel the manta's face looks too... cartoony?

Comment

Working...
                              X