Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUGGERNAUT concept

Hi Everyone,

So i wanted to get involved. I've been following development and watching the vid blogs and couldn't resist any longer!

One of the great things about UT has always been the diversity and the freedom it gives the player. Wanna frag in low gravity? No problem. Want to be a robot? No problem. A soldier? No problem. A Special Forces Squirrel? No problem.

This is something we should all celebrate.

I've alway been a big fan of the Juggernauts. The solid weight of that metal bearing down in the arena is just too cool.

However, I'm also very aware of the headshot problems, the new style being lighter and more streamlined, cleaner, animation etc etc etc. So I figure there must be a way to find the balance.

To that end I present my Team Juggernaut and Axon Research Logos and my first sketch for a New UT juggernaut concept.

I've also made a reference sheet so you can see where I'm coming from.

Exo suits are now a reality. They are appearing more and more in popular media (COD, Elysium, Edge of Tomorrow) and they make sense for the Juggernauts. They can still give the solidity and weight of the Juggs, whilst allowing proportions to stay grounded and believable.

The second emphasis I have placed on the Juggernauts is being press ganged from prisons. The orange jumpsuit gives a nice area of contrast to the metal. Could be changed for team colours and keeps the design cleaner to go with the new style.

Even though my sketch is super rough (I used the recent Necris male design for proportions and head reference) I hope it is enough to get the ball rolling and get some feedback.

Look forward to reading it.

Cheers

JFF

Attached Files

Of course, the first Juggernaut to be designed is Gorge. :P

Pretty cool design, I can see the vest coloring to be pretty visible in teamgames, but that orange clothes somehow doesn't feel right to me (considering this isn't going to be based in the Juggernaut from the X-Men :P). Perhaps some other color? I don't know...
    Unreal Wiki - Collecting Unreal lore, one article at a time.
    "The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000. (Where good means 'helps advancing the art')" - Fast Eddie, TVTropes

Comment

That's a pretty neat concept right there. The orange clothes dont bother me that much. You could change the orange to whatever team colour or character colour is chosen. Whatever the rotating gear (I'm assuming it rotates) is on the elbow and ankles could probably be narrowed down a little.

Comment

and more SCI FI Art it can already be because,
        we are in Unreal and not in the Budabada World
        So, let it be more SCI Fi and unreal
        with maybe a Mix of with a Exo Skeletal and an bit sexy .. if you build an Woman.. as Juggernaut *g*
        maybe like sugar, venom sugar in exo skeletal you now *g* an bit for the Man's eye

best regards
        Blacky

Comment

Excellent concept!
          https://vk.com/dealenx

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the comments. Here is a new WIP sketch. I have revised some of the shapes, sorted some proportioning and turned the jumpsuit into axion 'second skin' pants.

Cheers

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JFF View Post
              OMG how did I not see this yet :O

Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

That's pretty cool. Slightly bowlegged but what I really like about this is the very simple but bright and balanced color scheme. This is a character that would "pop", even in red or blue.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X