Clear All

Here you go:
    Attached Files
    Current Projects
    Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
    Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Thank you very much.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Isn't that one Nebula, from Guardians of the Galaxy?

Comment

I agree with CognizanCe and HenrikRyosa on the topic of Raw Steel. It's not about them not wearing shirts. It's about what they are expressing by it. And can we still express it when some members are wearing tank tops? I think so.

The fact they've been necrified, have pale skin and wear black?
          Without a set fashion of military or religious, that's enough to unify them.
          Well... thats kinda what i was trying to achieve with my concept. I wanted to create faction where i pushed individuality and allow them to be members of different teams while still having quite strong base concept. Necrified veteran mercenaries working for Phayder to pay off their debt for them, but also Gorn from Dark Phalanx and Frostbite from Juggernauts who had sponsors paying for their ressurection (being the team or corporation).
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I think you guys kind of missed wail's point about mentioning raw steel.

Comment

While all the UT99-ifying is nice and all, I really have to go in favor of the more mechanical look, because in the end they are indeed cybernetically enhanced and reanimated corpses. Not much a fan of the slightly bruised Buffy the Vampire Slayer-esque Necris from UT99, it doesn't seem to fit in with what UT has evolved into.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmoChipChop View Post
                they are indeed cybernetically enhanced and reanimated corpses.
                No, they aren't. They just have Nanoblack flowing through their veins. That's the reason why their skin is light grey, they don't have red blood to give them the usual reddy, healthy standard human skin tone.

Comment

I never really cared about Necris before...but **** those look GREAT. I really hope they look like that.

Comment

(I think my post disappeared so if this is a duplicate, my bad)

I really like this style of Necris, I never really cared for them before, but I like the more cyber/death/borg/Stardust/Golddust from WWE look. The whole "I'm a pretty vampire" thing from before was terrible.

These guys should be drug addicted BDSM freaks, not brandy drinking pianists.

Comment

The whole "vampire" thing from before was what made the Necris special for many people.

Borgs are nice, no one said they aren't. But they should be a different faction, not Necris. Call them Borgs, call them Zomborgs, call them Phayder Enhanced Tactical Corps... call them whatever you want, but don't call them Necris.

Comment

We can explain that away by saying that those Necris were part of a fringe group that split off and dabbled in cybernetics for some reason even though they were already effectually immortal. Maybe to enhance their abilities or something. Story sorted. Now let's ignore that that fringe group ever existed going forward and make the Necris that should exist because of the Necris in UT->UC2.
                        I agree and I will add that UT3's story is a war instead of The Grand Liandri Tournament, which explains even more why they wear armor. So... yeah we can ignore them.

Moreover UC2's Necris look pretty good to me, what do you think of them?

Personally, the first time I saw them, I knew who they are. And this was not the case of UT3 and UT4 necris, unfortunately...

I don't know if all of you have read this website (if it's good), but all the necris lore is well explained to me and I learned some interesting things about Phayder Corporation, Phayder assassins, the Necris and The Black Legion, which has to be the focus of the thread to design the Necris, in my opinion.
                        And here it is: http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Necris

Now, what about Brock and Lauren? Because they are both necris and respectively in the Black Legion (because he has no memories of his previous life) and Thundercrash team, but Lauren was ... well... alive in UT3 so...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by V-vrus View Post
                          Now, what about Brock and Lauren? Because they are both necris and respectively in the Black Legion (because he has no memories of his previous life) and Thundercrash team, but Lauren was ... well... alive in UT3 so...
                          UC2 is not canonical.

Although I do agree with you -- The UC2 designs are neat. The thing I don't care for with those is the tattooing and the overall emphasis on technological designs. Remember that the Necris originally had no reference to nanotechnology or anything else -- They were simply aliens. That was all the explanation given and all that was necessary. You can see how these guys are influenced by the Necris Prime visuals, at least. The unfortunate thing is that the overemphasis on technological **** in their design started in UC2 and has essentially been the starting point since all the designs since (UT3 and UT4), when this was never a fundamental part of their character initially and shouldn't be anyway.

I do have a lot of beef with UC2 in general since the general attitude towards UC2 is, "Hey, remember that game where we reinvented a relatively cool setting with the hammiest stuff we could come up with? Now you're stuck with it." UC2's storytelling in general was sophomoric, and nanoblack is possibly the laziest and least interesting way to 'explain' this set of characters.
                          Last edited by Wail; 10-30-2015, 01:13 PM.
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                            I do have a lot of beef with UC2 in general since the general attitude towards UC2 is, "Hey, remember that game where we reinvented a relatively cool setting with the hammiest stuff we could come up with? Now you're stuck with it." UC2's storytelling in general was sophomoric, and nanoblack is possibly the laziest and least interesting way to 'explain' this set of characters.
                            ^^^^ this.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'm not huge fan of design on those concepts, however i like the overall vibe. When you look at faces of male characters you can tell that they have personalities.

... and if nanoblack is really that big of a deal we can just say officialy that Phayder is resurecting some dead mercenaries and doesn't explain how it works exactly. That way there will be nanoblack for people who want it, and there won't be nanoblack for people who don't want it
                              Unofficial Enforcer Model
                              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                                I'm not huge fan of design on those concepts, however i like the overall vibe. When you look at faces of male characters you can tell that they have personalities.

... and if nanoblack is really that big of a deal we can just say officialy that Phayder is resurecting some dead mercenaries and doesn't explain how it works exactly. That way there will be nanoblack for people who want it, and there won't be nanoblack for people who don't want it
                                My reading is that Necris aren't human at all. Talking about resurrecting people doesn't make sense if they aren't human.
                                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Working...
                                X