Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think numbers on the armor makes a lot of sense. If right guy was a soldier it would, but he is tournament participant sponsored by big corporation and they should have money to give him new armor not one bought from military
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      Now that is more the style of Necris I'd like to see, those look awesome. Not so heavy on the cybernetic stuff, which is a very good thing. Kudos!

Another good necris concept I saw was was Zaibot http://fav.me/d82rqd8
      I like this design too!

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
        Now that is more the style of Necris I'd like to see, those look awesome. Not so heavy on the cybernetic stuff, which is a very good thing. Kudos!

Another good necris concept I saw was was Zaibot http://fav.me/d82rqd8
        The main thing that appeals to me about Axis Zaibot's concept is the ornate ceremonial-seeming armor. I do think the amount of armor is a bit excessive, it seems almost restrictive in how much armor she's wearing there, so I would remove some armoring on this character's thighs, arms, and torso area. That being said, it really conveys a very different style & ethos from the militaristic, swat armor & fatigues look that a lot of the human characters will [probably] be wearing, which I take as a positive thing.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

EXACTLY the only thing I think should be added: necris style ornated armor seams!
          If they have a slight ressemblance with UT3's Necris ornaments, we changed the Necris towards something better but kept a cosistent evolution, full win!
          The numbers are great, that makes them clearly modern sport gladiators and not security personal!

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
            I was playing around with some armor ideas, going for more of a sponsored-team mercenary look for the male, incorporating the Phayder Corp logo as a decal and a few other things. These ended up being something of a translation of the UT99 necris armor in places:

I tried adding some red markings to the armor here and there, I think this does a lot for the look actually.
            That's sweet!
            The Development Process:
            We take what we know and build something from that.

Comment

What about trying blue ? =) It could be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
                What about trying blue ? =) It could be nice

You mean something like this?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
                  I was playing around with some armor ideas, going for more of a sponsored-team mercenary look for the male, incorporating the Phayder Corp logo as a decal and a few other things. These ended up being something of a translation of the UT99 necris armor in places:

I tried adding some red markings to the armor here and there, I think this does a lot for the look actually.

Amazing, man! This is exactly the design direction I hoped to see in UT. The characters should look like real combatants, not like anime fantasy people.

Comment

The last concept looks nice, but... the eagle wings kind of out of place. It looks like it's coming from Thunder Crash' armor.

Regarding Sub-faction, perhaps there are groups of Necris that are resurrected by Phayder but separates themselves from the corporation... sorta like a rebel you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Impuredeath View Post

Why is he smiling? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Krokussify View Post
                        Why is he smiling? lol
                        Why do they have to look so sad, positive attitude man. Show that confidence.

Comment

Yeahhh that it !
                          Happy to be blue i guess x)

Comment

Originally posted by Impuredeath View Post

this face looks like the forever alone meme, lol

Comment

Hi guys, thanks everybody for the great feedback!

I made various tweaks to those two designs, got rid of the number, declawed them and a few other things. I also went about mocking up female versions of these two armor sets:

Also I did a quick recolor for the team colors:

Thanks again for all the useful feedback. Please feel free to edit, paint-over, apply botox and such as you please.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thats looking great as the necris base design. Now we can branch and explore specific team members like bald tribal guy with tattoos we had earlier or goth/ocultic guy with long hair etc
                                Unofficial Enforcer Model
                                Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Working...
                                X