Henrik's Liandri Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henrik's Liandri Concept

Here's a take on some Liandri again. I'll probably try to add some head variations later.

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Looks awesome I giggled at the 4 on him cause of the robot suggestion I made a few days ago in the brainstorming thread, hehe

Is this guy inspired by/meant to be any of the robots already in the UT verse? I'm already feeling the name Divisor on this guy

Comment

I advise you to see works of Axis_Zaibot, just decided to do robotic style UT99.

Comment

Looks a bit cartooney with the big hands and feet, although the artwork is excellent.

I would like to see something meaner though, right now the robot looks a bit clunky and weak. Wider shoulders and larger shoulder pads with an interesting shape, a head that looks less like some droid and instead looks like something menacing like the old liandri bots, smaller hands and feet or less contrast between the size of the joints (knees and wrists) and the body parts (small joints contribute to making the hands/feet look large), perhaps more pointy stuff sticking out?

EDIT: Raixs' is right, Axis_Zaibot made some concepts for Xan which looked really great and menacing while not over-doing it, although I didn't like the heads on those either. Could be a nice example of what I meant above:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oFNIQkLsu7...dri-robot3.png
        Last edited by Avalanche._; 01-12-2015, 08:34 AM.
        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
          Looks awesome I giggled at the 4 on him cause of the robot suggestion I made a few days ago in the brainstorming thread, hehe

Is this guy inspired by/meant to be any of the robots already in the UT verse? I'm already feeling the name Divisor on this guy
          It's somewhat of a mixture between UT99 and UT3's, though I have not given him a specific name, headwise I've always liked the matrix visor of the original game, and this is a riff on that, with the divided visor I can see how "Divisor" would work well.

As far as the 4, even more funny then that I never saw your post, so quite coincidental

I like large feet on robots, I guess that's just a tendency that's hard to shake. Proportions are tough and to some degree taste oriented. Zaibot's earlier iterations had similar issues. But again I'll try to present some variations of different body parts.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

The trouble I find with this is that it's a robot designed to adhere to a human silhouette and proportions rather than designed around it's own set of mechanical constraints that inform it's shape. That's not to say it has to be very far removed from a human silhouette but try to think more about the kind of joints, pistons, motors and other mechanics that are what allow this thing to move and articulate and build around those things.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              As far as the 4, even more funny then that I never saw your post, so quite coincidental

Oh, I certainly wasn't implying anything, I found it coincidental as well is all As for naming, I also suggest Network for that particular head. It also reminds me a touch of a spider, which makes webs, webs are a network, plus that line of thought can also applies to internet/web/network/computing etc etc

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
              The trouble I find with this is that it's a robot designed to adhere to a human silhouette and proportions rather than designed around it's own set of mechanical constraints that inform it's shape. That's not to say it has to be very far removed from a human silhouette but try to think more about the kind of joints, pistons, motors and other mechanics that are what allow this thing to move and articulate and build around those things.
              I agree to a degree, a lot of that stuff could also be hidden beneath armor plating too to protect it from damage. I guess overall it would depend on the particular style of robot one wishes to achieve.

Comment

I was always a big fan of the pseudo-whimsical look of the Liandri in UT3, but I think that if you changed the colors this would almost make a better Xan than a Liandri drone.

Comment

looks great and a good job for sure.
                  Happy Thamkgiving.

Comment

Working...
                  X