Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with our above comments in mind, you're off to a damned good start

Comment

If you're still going to make some little tweaks, I'd cover up the area just below the waist a little bit to be less skimpy, and shrink down the entire part below the hips (both in length and width) a bit, the legs look rather very large compared to the upper body that's why.

You could also try making the waist slightly wider and the legs slightly shorter, not sure what would end up best, perhaps a combo of both approaches.

It's easier to see this on the miniature version btw in the attachments, especially from the front if you look where the waist meets the legs, that's where it stood out to me.
      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

It would be nice if you considered putting some Nanoblack stuff to this model, so it would fit better with official Necris design. Maybe then there will be more likelyhood that this will become part of the game.

Comment

Isn't it too much oldschool dark eldar from WH40k?

here is modern version, but in 90s it probably looked very simmiliar.
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

That's nice and I hope the actual game DOES include such models, as I feel the UT99 game had the best characters and voices of any of the games. As the series progressed, the models became less sexy. The original version had some flawless and sexy designs which were quite astounding and varied. It's important to get the "sexy" back into this game as I feel that will draw players. I will not forget about UT99 until some game tops it, hopefully this will be the one!

Comment

Originally posted by UThusch View Post
              First of all, I am very happy that there will be a new Unreal Tournament. The modding community of UT99 was my introduction to modelling 3D models, painting textures and learning about animation.
              I think it is very exciting that Epic involves the community into the development process of this game. I would also contribute to this game, but my idea is probably more suited for the marketplace,
              than for the release version of the new UT.
              I was always a fan of the female commando models of the original UT. I could remember that I saw in the year 1999 or 2000, a scribble of a Necris female commando model by James Green, former animation
              artist of Epic. I always wanted to revisit this design of the Necris model, but in all the years I somehow always missed the chance to put some work into it. Now, with the new UT and the marketplace,
              I thought I should give it a chance and try to find a design that would somehow keep the key feature of the original lowpoly game model, the scribble by James Green and some ideas of mine.
              Keeping it all very clear, without too many fine details. Most of the models done with subdivision modelling, so I can resist to add too many details. Something that still happens to me, when I use
              sculpting software like Zbrush or Mudbox. I think that this approach still fit somehow into the more streamlined design of the new UT characters and levels.

I hope it is OK, that I post the scribble of James Green, who has left Epic Games and is now director of Carbon Games (https://www.carbongames.com/airmech/home.html).

The renderings just show the "high poly" models. I have not started on the lowpoy version of it. I will wait for a reference model by Epic, for the final proportions and correct placement of the bones.
              In the moment, the model uses more or less the proportion of the female UT3 models.
              I would suggest using this as something for the market place or as a model to add in the game. It'd be nice to play the Classic models from UT99 in UT4

Comment

I like it and I say don't change anything. She's PERFECT.

Comment

Now I might catch a lot of flak for this, but you really can't get away with the UT'99 Female Commando model's skins anymore nowadays, especially the pseudo-BDSM latex suits of the Aphex skin. Now I'm not against sex appeal, but showing parts of the outer ***** is sure to draw some negative press.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Why not - UT after all always stays a adult game so imo
                    even nude breasts and more would absolutely make sense!
                    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Beautiful job! What a throwback
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                          Why not - UT after all always stays a adult game so imo
                          even nude breasts and more would absolutely make sense!

Uh, NO. Just no.

Comment

Oh yes - the its also the sexiness that makes a UT a
                            addictive experience and thus for it must be returned!
                            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

If UT was about wrestling in jelly, sure. But it isn't, it's about killing people with guns and missiles etc. Throwing in some sex appeal is one thing, but the idea of nudity making sense in UT? No.

Comment

Im not so sure only its not unproofed that sexual appearances
                                dont subtily implement backstories and this way enrich graphic
                                sceneries quite alot. So maybe its like if you are having mustard
                                on your salami or only butter.
                                Last edited by Kaal979; 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM.
                                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
                                X