dont subtily implement backstories and this way enrich graphic
    sceneries quite alot. So maybe its like if you are having mustard
    on your salami or only butter.
    *decides this thread just went in a weird direction*

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      If UT was about wrestling in jelly, sure. But it isn't, it's about killing people with guns and missiles etc. Throwing in some sex appeal is one thing, but the idea of nudity making sense in UT? No.
      To be honest, wearing nothing would probably be less titillating than the um, "pants-slot" clothing item this character has on in this model.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

UT99 Dark Phalanx female commando model redesign

I used some time over the weekend to create a Dark Phalanx version of my model:

Attached Files

Comment

Quite a bit better. I would like to see 2 things:

1. The shoulder pads still feel like they're stuck at UT99 poly levels, some mesh detail would go a long way there, and maybe if they conformed more to the arm slightly instead of jutting out so much.
          2. More character in the face. Right now she feels like something generated by makehuman or poser, too stiff and proper.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

no backpack?

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
              Looks awesome, I agree that it's nice to see the old models redone to modern standards. But she really needs much more waist to her, it's far too narrow. I also think she needs more cover over her backside. The whole sex appeal thing aside, can you imagine running around a lethal deathmatch with a tiny strap wedged in your date?
              Her waist is fine. It's clearly cinched by the belts.

Mr.Crow runs around an arena in a giant tophat. Who the hell cares when you respawn?

Christ, this is an arena shooter not a combat simulation.

Great work, UThusch. The original designs brought up to modern day fidelity is exactly what I want.
              Last edited by Diode; 03-19-2015, 11:01 PM.
              also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by UThusch View Post
                I used some time over the weekend to create a Dark Phalanx version of my model:

woohhww ! nice
                can you make it maybe more "alive" , maybe with photos from the skin from your Girlfriend or something,
                can you try it out ? for maybe all Female Models , because this can maybe get an bit more real look...
                and a bit glimmer, like an bit greasy and an bit wet skin for become an bit more real..
                and maby an bit it already needs brows, she have red hears, so .. light red eyebrows

best regards
                Blacky
                Last edited by Blackcrack; 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Make them less 90s and more post gamergate please.

Comment

Originally posted by mewfin View Post
                    Quote of the century
                    Technical, 3D & VFX Artist, Programmer, Audio Engineer + All-Purpose UE4 Fanboy
                    CTO, Technical Lead - Stormtide

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                      Isn't it too much oldschool dark eldar from WH40k?

here is modern version, but in 90s it probably looked very simmiliar.
                      Gotta be REALLY careful going this route with necris or we'll end up with a dark eldar/necris hybrid, that could end up lookling somewhat like the wraith from stargate atlantis

Attached Files
                      Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                      MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                      Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Originally posted by mewfin View Post
                        Let's not.
                        also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
                          Gotta be REALLY careful going this route with necris or we'll end up with a dark eldar/necris hybrid, that could end up lookling somewhat like the wraith from stargate atlantis]
                          Don't see why that is a bad thing. Life-draining [aliens] matches up with what the Necris ought to be. Though clearly we should try to do better artistically than a low-budget weekly TV series.
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I cant wait to start to see more models in the game soon. Dark Phalanx was always my team. Really good progress so far!

Comment

@Dr.ToxicVenom
                              Minus mutations and weird facial features. And if it will start too look to much like dark eldar, then just throw some weird spin or cyberpunk elements. But Necris in style of UT'99 can be pale long white hair, wearing black kind of people. Just not all of them
                              Unofficial Enforcer Model
                              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

These are such great pictures - only in old windmill pose!
                                Could you show a few shots with better poses and maybe even weapons?
                                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
                                X