Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by LunSei View Post
    Mmmhmh. Because for you, that pretty chick wearing night club attire is.... "scary"? Oh my, exposed buttcheeks, I am terrified!! And nothing screams "future" like a goth vampire, isn't it? You see goth vampires all the time in science fiction, innit?
    You're coming across quite aggressive. There's no need for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mmmhmh. Because for you, that pretty chick wearing night club attire is.... "scary"? Oh my, exposed buttcheeks, I am terrified!!
    No... But a half naked Borg woman in army trousers is?

And nothing screams "future" like a goth vampire, isn't it? You see goth vampires all the time in science fiction, innit?
    Why does it have to scream "future"? It has to scream "Unreal" ...A plausible futuristic unreality ... that's what people expect, and not again another futuristic shooter à la Halo, Gears or Kill Zone.

Undead goth "vampires" are a specialty of the Unreal universe... and therefore unique for this franchise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    I want Necris to be scary over-the-top goth emo vampires, not silly cheesy undead cyborgs.
    Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
    Well, the truth is that screaming "future" is irrelevant in this case. Screaming "Necris" is the relevant matter.
    And this UT4 necris are an almost exact copy of the Star Trek Borg. They don't scream "Necris", they scream "Borg".

This is the point that I don't really understand. Unreal Tournament doesn't need any of these characters to be present in order to be an Unreal Tournament game. If you don't like something, then don't include it. This is the most straightforward and rational response in my mind.

The way characters have been treated in Unreal Tournament is like someone decided they didn't like the Flak Cannon being an industrial gun that shot shrapnel, so they decided it should be an energy weapon that fired lasers. It just doesn't make any sense to me, and it's really puzzling why this has consistently been the case. I don't know if it's just lack of concern for this side of the game from Steve, or whether there's some other meaningful reason behind wanting to reinvent the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, the truth is that screaming "future" is irrelevant in this case. Screaming "Necris" is the relevant matter.
    And this UT4 necris are an almost exact copy of the Star Trek Borg. They don't scream "Necris", they scream "Borg".
    No matter what the Epic guys say, to the UT fans those characters are not Necris.
    They are Borg.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    This is worth considering and remains to be proved.

I want Necris to be scary over-the-top goth emo vampires, not silly cheesy undead cyborgs.

Mmmhmh. Because for you, that pretty chick wearing night club attire is.... "scary"? Oh my, exposed buttcheeks, I am terrified!! And nothing screams "future" like a goth vampire, isn't it? You see goth vampires all the time in science fiction, innit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another great thing about UT99 - ALL characters
    always appearaed more adult than in any other games!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would say if they made a male version of this same exact outfit, you'd hear cries of disappointment, claiming it looks awkward.
    This is worth considering and remains to be proved.

I want Necros to be scary undead cyborg, not cheesy over-the-top silly goth emo vampires.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, it's me, LunSei, the user who's strenuously nagging around about the female character design of Unreal!
    People who might remember my old posts will know how I feel about this kind of character. She looks utterly ridiculous, she cements the idea that videogames are the hobby of lonely male teenagers, and, much more importantly, she looks very out of place in a sci-fi setting like I hope the new Unreal will be.

We're not in the '90s and this isn't an edgy cheesy comic book videogame. We're in 2015 and this is a "serious" videogame trying to create a convincing and dark sci-fi atmosphere.

I would say if they made a male version of this same exact outfit, you'd hear cries of disappointment, claiming it looks awkward.
    Then again, not even a male version of this same exact outfit would improve things... if it looks ridiculous in Unreal, it looks ridiculous regardless of whose gender is wearing it.

I want Necros to be scary undead cyborg, not cheesy over-the-top silly goth emo vampires.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    These are such great pictures - only in old windmill pose!
    Could you show a few shots with better poses and maybe even weapons?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Dr.ToxicVenom
    Minus mutations and weird facial features. And if it will start too look to much like dark eldar, then just throw some weird spin or cyberpunk elements. But Necris in style of UT'99 can be pale long white hair, wearing black kind of people. Just not all of them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cant wait to start to see more models in the game soon. Dark Phalanx was always my team. Really good progress so far!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
    Gotta be REALLY careful going this route with necris or we'll end up with a dark eldar/necris hybrid, that could end up lookling somewhat like the wraith from stargate atlantis]
    Don't see why that is a bad thing. Life-draining [aliens] matches up with what the Necris ought to be. Though clearly we should try to do better artistically than a low-budget weekly TV series.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mewfin View Post
    Make them less 90s and more post gamergate please.
    Let's not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
    Isn't it too much oldschool dark eldar from WH40k?

here is modern version, but in 90s it probably looked very simmiliar.
    Gotta be REALLY careful going this route with necris or we'll end up with a dark eldar/necris hybrid, that could end up lookling somewhat like the wraith from stargate atlantis

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mewfin View Post
    Make them less 90s and more post gamergate please.
    Quote of the century

Leave a comment:

Working...
X