Mastrok's character ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastrok's character ideas.

Ok so the first two posts in this thread are just reposts of what I put in the team brainstorming thread a few weeks ago. There's other stuff I'm adding to the thread later on. This thread is mostly just a collection of ideas that I think would be nifty.

I am not an artist, my skills are not terribly wonderful. And also be prepared for a little bit of text because I do like to add a bit of writing to my stuff so my head doesn't explode. If any real artists out there wanted to concept up anything they see in here, I'd be all for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

First up...

I want a team of Nali. So here's a concept I've put together consisting of four model types similar to how UT2004 teams were constructed (4 models with 2 skins each);- Nali, Nali Gladiator, Nali Female, Nali Warcow.

NA PALI VENGENCE

Rescued by a mercenary group run by a mysterious private benefactor, Onkyq's team survived a raid against a Skaarj outpost that went wrong. Despite the Nali's attack having taken a turn for the worse, their saviour was impressed with their tenacity. He offered to sponsor them in Liandri's grand Tournament. While some of his followers weren't too keen, Onkyq jumped at the chance to show the galaxy that not all the Nali were push overs.

ONKYQ (Nali model)
    Team: Na Pali Vengeance
    Race: Nali
    Bio:

Leader of a ragtag bunch of Nali who have become warriors in order to survive, Onkyq views the tournament as a golden opportunity to develop their combat and tactical skills to a far greater degree, and perhaps generate sympathy and support from outsiders. But ultimately to show the galaxy, and more importantly, any Nali that may see or find out about them, that there are those willing to fight back. Onkyq also hopes it will allow him to recruit others so they may one day strike bigger and more devastating blows against the Skarrj.

ZERUSR (Nali model)
    Bio:

Abandoning the peaceful way of life he once knew, Zerusr fights bravely and boldly against Skarrj oppressors in daring sabotage and hit and run attacks against Skarrj outposts. When he was found by Onkyq, he was glad to know there were other Nali rebels as well, and joined the group in more challenging assaults. Doesn't personally believe joining the Tournament will accomplish anything for their goal, but stands by his Nali brethren all the same.

DIBONI (Nali Female model)
    Bio:

Diboni is a warrior priestess, and is not a Nali to take lightly. Horrified by what the Skarrj have done to her home world, she gladly joined Onkyq's team. Her tenacity and battle prowess has earned her respect from a number of competitors in the tournament.

ECTARA (Nali Female model)
    Bio:

Ectara never used to be anything more than a family woman, until the Skarrj come to Na Pali. After years as a slave to the Skarrj, she has grown into a hateful and vengeful being that learned to fight to survive. Now, as a brutal warrior, Ectara will tear her way through any opponent to get a chance to strike back at the Skarrj. Thinks of the tournament as nothing more than a chance to hone her skills until the day the Nali rise up to retake their home world.

COMOLOW (Nali Warcow model)
    Bio:

When the Skarrj first invaded Na Pali, the Nali used cows to help them fight back. Easy to train, faithful and strong enough to carry the heavy weaponry of the tournament, Onykq picked out two cows and trained them for tournament battles himself. Comolow is one of very few cows to have lived so long after the initial Skarrj invasion, and as such has been fighting for a number of years now. His disposition to non Nali is less than friendly.

ATOMIC (Nali Warcow model)
    Bio:

After agreeing to enter the tournament, Onykq allowed the tending of this cow's wounds with modern scientific medicine, rather than traditional Nali healing methods. Given new cybernetic enhancements, Atomic is now more than ready to move into battle for his Nali masters.

KONAR (Nali Gladiator model)
    Bio:

Initially, Konar was against the idea of joining the tournament. Once he saw the successful integration of cybernetics on Atomic, he volunteered to have them installed to his own body as well. At heart, Konar is a gentle giant, having only built up such a strong form because he had to in order to survive gladiatorial matches he was forced into by the Skarrj. With his cybernetic enhancements, he's more than willing to repay the same type of 'kindness' on the Skarrj that they gave to him.

ZAGNOK (Nali Gladiator model)
    Bio:

Always angry, always wanting to fight, Zagnok grew to enjoy combat while a gladiator for the Skarrj. His body is covered in a wide variety of scars, many of them always giving him pain. Incorporates Skarrj tusks into his armor as trophies from victories against them. Zagnok is usually found at the front of the line when it's time to enter battle, and judging by the look in his eyes, he wouldn't mind letting a bloodlust mindset permanatly take him over.

An older concept I have (much much much older and cruddier) is about a bunch of old busted up robots from varying time frames thrown into the tourney under the team name of The Recovered. I have added some of my old pics for some of the model ideas, but they are extremely basic so please excuse they're horridness. Especially the Reboot model. The Reboot model I envision as a having an old computer monitor for a head, with a webcam attached to act as the eye. Its main body is an old computer tower, with spindly/lanky limbs attached and a keyboard on one arm. Bluescreen is named after the lovely windows bluescreen of doom that many of us will probably remember from earlier versions of the OS. Given my cruddy art, there is plenty of room for improvements/theory crafting. I do kinda see monitor cables dangling off the back of the head maybe. Of the entire team these two would be the oldest and lowest tech robots.

I don't have any images for the Fuse or Kerosyn models, though I do have ideas for the Kerosyn one. Imagine a female form, outwardly she would look human overall but would still have the obviousness of being an android in the details. Such as panel separating lines etc. The difference would be that on one half of the model, or at least a decent portion, the outer panels are torn or melted away revealing the mechanical innards. Kerosyn herself would have more business looking outer shell/clothing while Trachea would be fashioned like a nurse/medic type. Another idea specifically for Kerosyn I’ve had is that rather than outwardly looking human, she appeared like a mechanised mannequin, wearing a clothing from the store she worked in. I’m thinking short tank top with a skirt or dress. I’m gonna try and sketch that out at some point because I can’t stop thinking about it.

THE RECOVERED
    Five brothers, all brilliant in the field of robotics, dreamed of working with the top corporations of the field. The problem was they were poor and had no one to vouch for them, which made it virtually impossible to get in. They operated a small salvage business, the Kerllet Salvage Brothers to make ends meet as well as fund their various homemade projects and workshops. With their business failing and debts mounting up and the distress of losing a brother to a brutal killing at the hands of his own creation, they put all their eggs in one basket and gambled. Gathering up all the salvaged robots they had acquired over the past few years and prepped them for Liandri’s tournament. Selling every they owned, they only barely scrapped together enough capital to get their team in. Many groups or businesses try each year to cash in on the tournaments with their own teams, but very rarely do any succeed. Luckily for the Kerllet boys, their skill in robotics helped their former junk yard bots become a tournament smash. Blitzing the qualifying rounds, The Recovered are guaranteed to go a long way in this year’s tournament, and rake in the cash for their owners.

CENTRAX-4 (Centrax-4 model)
    Team: The Recovered
    Race: Robotic
    Bio:

After their ship was damaged and veered far off course, the Kerllet brothers discovered an ancient world that had destroyed itself in civil war. The only thing left intact on the world was a deactivated android that was once used as museum guide by its creators hundreds of years earlier. The brothers brought it back to their workshop on Earth, where they reprogrammed and upgraded the robot for the Liandri Tournament. Now as leader of the Kerllet’s newly formed robotic team, The Recovered, Centrax-4 unleashes carnage as a cold and calculating killer who won't show you any mercy.

GALECTION (Centrax-4 model)
    Bio:

After work was completed on Centrax-4, Thomas Kerllet attempted to construct a duplicate from what he and his brothers had learned of the alien technology found in Centrax-4. The project was a failure, resulting in Thomas’ spine torn from his body by Galection. A combination of unfinished programming, lack of understanding towards the alien tech and Thomas being overly ambitious, had rushed the work. Although stricken with grief, the remaining brothers worked on the project until it was suitable enough to join the team of The Recovered.

REBOOT (Reboot model)
    Bio:

Sifting through the rubble of an old suburbia, the KSB stumbled on a pair of homemade robots in the basement of a long since destroyed house. Although made from very old hardware dating to the early 21st century, and not appearing to have ever actually functioned as a working robot, the brothers were keen to see what they could do with them. After many upgrades, while retaining as much of the original appearance as they could, Reboot was ready to earn profits for its new owners.

BLUESCREEN (Reboot model)
    Bio:

Sifting through the rubble of an old suburbia, the KSB stumbled on a pair of homemade robots in the basement of a long since destroyed house. Although made from very old hardware dating to the early 21st century, and not appearing to have ever actually functioned as a working robot, the brothers were keen to see what they could do with them. Throughout the process of its upgrade and repair, it was constantly glitching and its system crashing. The glitches could never be corrected, making Bluescreen an even deadlier and unpredictable opponent in the tournament.

FUSE (Fuse model)
    Bio:

Responding to a distress beacon, a rescue vessel discovered a small crashed ship on a lonely, out of the way planet. They found a man’s body at the controls and his journal logs. The logs noted he was the only survivor of a crew of five, the rest allegedly killed by the ship’s maintenance droid after it malfunctioned. No one will ever know if Fuse really was responsible for the murders, or if it was the scapegoat for a madman. Sold at the scrapyard to the KSB, if it wasn’t a killer then, it is now.

SLAUGHTER (Fuse model)
    Bio:

This unit saw dozens of owners throughout its existence, all farmers or agriculturists of some kind. Its primary role had always been protecting cattle from predators at night. After ending up trampled and thrown about by an enraged bull, the robot took severe damage. The result of which left it seeing all life forms as a threat. The following morning the farmer stepped outside to find all his cattle dead, before the robot slaughtered him as well. Eventually subdued by authorities, it found its way into the possession of the KSB, and The Recovered.

KEROSYN (Kerosyn model)
    Bio:

With much of Earth in ruins after a brutal assault by the Skarrj, it was a scavenger’s heaven in the aftermath. The Kerllet brothers found Kerosyn wandering in the wreckage of a women’s fashion store. A broken and smashed retail assistant robot, it was nothing special. When it noticed the brothers however it went into sell mode. Attempting to persuade them buy store products, with extreme prejudice, the brothers were lucky enough to neutralize it before it torn them apart. Repairing and modifying it, the KSB had a new member for the Recovered.

TRACHEA (Kerosyn model)
    Bio:

Your health is of great concern to this former medical android, but it isn’t the improvement of it that concerns her. For a time it was believed that a Skarrj infiltrator was responsible for the butchering of dozens of patients. When it was found to be this faulty unit, the ensuing struggle saw her shoved out of a window and smashed on the ground some thirty storeys below. The KSB recovered her wreck from the scrap pile and turned her medical skills into tournament gold. Don't worry if you're afraid of needles though. An injection is the last thing you'll have to worry about with this medic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Over the years I've been able to commission artists to take my basic arts and redraw it into something better than I could do on my own. This is something I had done years ago by an artist named Chi ( http://cwmodels.deviantart.com )

Nothing grand, a biker/punk/thug type. The single image is the original art I had commissioned. I recoloured it tonight into team colour variants for fun. Added team Purple and Orange cause a guy can still hope :P
      Attached Files

Comment

Went through my old sketch books from many years ago and found this Soldier type
        Attached Files

Comment

Added some colour to an old sketch concept.

I call her Ethel. Spikey goodness. As my art skills aren't all that awesome, Ethel is meant to be a withered old lady with an industrial dystopian feel. I've always kinda imagined her face mask to be bolted to her face, maybe even fused/burnt on. Dunno how she would see, but in a environment like UT, that's a detail that can easily be glossed over. Drew the legs spikes too small, they should run the full length of her shins.

Comment

Screen-Head-Bots ..!!
            How absolutely very extreme weird would this be if players
            used cams to be visible with their faces while playing online!?!?!
            Almost as innovative as true dual-wield akimbo action!
            Last edited by Kaal979; 09-08-2017, 12:45 PM.
            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
            X