No announcement yet.

Female Necris sculpt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Helmo chip chop,,I agree with you on the skin. I had to make some decisions to make on that part, slowly and gradually I moved more towards the pale blue white.(eventually I tried to match her a bit more to the male Necris)
    It was a really hard to come up with something that would be appealing to the majority, did get a lot of feedback from the forum.
    For me it was kinda hard to find a good sense of direction for her skin , especially if the opinions vary so much.
    But unfortunately nothing from epic (concerning the design process of this character).
    I worked my butt off for months trying to come up with variations for the skin and nanoblack stuff. so I finally decided to stick with this.
    The files are available if you'd like to work on them, I shared the link before,, but here it is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h4f3ar4zg...ubmit.rar?dl=0

Originally posted by HelmoChipChop View Post
    *From page 1*

I still think this image is the best looking modern Necris design:

It REALLY says UNDEAD without being too unappealing. The hair here also looks the best in my opinion. It looks aged and the ends look as if they are indeed from what used to be a corpse. Hopefully this exact look and facial proportions will make it in as a unique head you can swap out or something. The aged gray skin also really fits the Necris design, as it doesn't allow the nanoblack around the jawline to stick out like a sore thumb.

Forgive my terrible paintovers here...

Most won't like my paintover, but I feel it is more Necris in contrast to the porcelain white skin. Also make the thighs or hips a bit more prominent and not so skeletal. I like the whole idea of keeping them kinda zombie-ish in proportions, but I don't think Phayder would let the bodies flesh sink in and let the body just sit there for a few days before Necrification. Maybe have some nanoblack packs or something on the sides of her thighs with tubes going into their knees or something to make the silhouette a bit more unique.

As of now, to me at least, the one on the right* looks more like a Liandri advanced cyborg than a Necris reanimated corpse, mostly due to the flesh color and lack of, age(?) on the flesh.

Just my 2 cents. <3
    Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

Xenomon, just wanted to pop in here and tell you that I really like your Necris female. Love the tubing and details you have around the neck/shoulders. Personally I'm a fan of the full black chin (not so much the heavy scarring) but we've been finding that it doesn't transfer over in-game quite that well. Ends up looking like the chin is missing or something. A few, strategically placed black marks seems to work best, so far (see pic) IMO. I'm also not a fan of the green/grey skin. Other than that, I really like this model. Good work, man.

[edit/typo]
      Attached Files

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Hi Rick Thanks for you message, for this character I have not made any other diffuse maps maps just the one with the nano black.
        I was under the impression that it should be that way. Later Jim brown clarified to me , when I was working on the male necris heads, that the nano black was not a must.
        So I created normal pale skin for necroth, so that stuff like decals, tattoos etc, could be applied later. I could work out some more maps for this character to if needed.

Thanks for the picture of visse really, like her alot. One of my favorite characters (ever).
        Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

To me the markings on Visse as posted in Rick's image look a bit too rudimentary... like a bad UV seam. It should be jazzed up a bit... not a lot... but a bit.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Maybe make it a raised like under skin beads type thing with design, not sure what that would look like though. : P Be kinda like the scar thing though, i think. Except it be raised instead more. Character looks good though.(Reminds me of the girl in Guardians of the Galaxy sort of.(grayish blue one not green one))
            Last edited by cyborgion; 11-06-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Simple geometric shapes work best, imo. But you guys do what you like.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Kohler View Post
                Simple geometric shapes work best, imo. But you guys do what you like.
                I'm not arguing that per se, but it doesn't look like it flows with the shape of the character's head which gives it an odd "overly perfect" appearance.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Since she's a warrior, why don't make her a bit more muscled like this?

Senua Model from HellBlade
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rapfamily4; 12-07-2015, 04:44 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                  Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                  X