Character artist wanting to get invoved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character artist wanting to get invoved

Hi, I just graduated from college. I am a 3d character artist and I want to get involved in development, but I am a little confused as to how this is going to work. Do we come up with our own concepts based on previous UT games and start modeling or will there be concept art posted?

There'll likely be concept art posted. And it'll take some time until it will. The team only just got together for the first time a few days ago, there's still discussion over the exact art style and direction for the game.
    The new UT is coming along nicely...
    Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

You could make some concept art and post it in the Design Section / WiP Section.
      Regards,
      Kia.

Game Programmer & Scripter
      Amateur Mapper
      - Willing to learn

Comment

I'd say reference the old UT games character/weapon models and see what you can come up with, giving them the "2014" makeover they need. Feel free to take some artistic liberties, and if worse comes to worse and it's not included in the main game, you can always shelve it until the marketplace opens up and distribute it as a mod.

I'm certainly no expert, but it might be worth checking out some of the tutorials on how to import models into UE4, specifically as it regards skeletons, etc. Might help as well.
        http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...pbv3LvhaXJ9elg

Comment

Maybe there will be an art guide once things are finalized, but this game has literally only been in development for a week. I'd at least wait for character dimensions at least before doing anything in 3D outside of concept sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox.
          Watch Brizz juggle 10 cats on www.beyondunreal.com
          #beyondunreal - come yell at each other in real time!
          #ue4bu - for specific UE4 talk

Comment

post art please!

we would love to see your work, don't be shy, I think that everyone would love to see more concept art. I am doing necris stuff, but it is only concepts, I will continue to do concepts! don't be afraid, post something please!

Comment

gone do art

Comment

Working...
              X