Fighters In Robes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Was just an idea out of awesomenes appearance but in past times and also today roaming fighters
    wear cloaks because they can be over the day be dried while on the back easy to transport.
    Aside from this actual robes can define also futureous gunfighters expression quite alot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem is a matter of work not functionality. The normal character models have close together legs, covering them would NOT obscure the hitbox. That said a robe WOULD most likely frequently clip through things and really be a mess all around. The only solution I can come up with is to give every movement a preset animation cycle that has as realistic as possible wind effects in place. Otherwise, there is no telling where it would go, what it would do, especially in a game like UT4. Genius idea though friend. Outside of the box thinkers like you give me hope that this game will be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kaal979 oh oky..

question: whether Jaycemonde noticed to be some things different, i notice it *g*

how ever.. like you told, i like it also Jaycemonde

best regards
    Blacky

p.s.: i maybe old but not senile *g*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder if Blacky realizes that those aren't 3D models thrown together with the intention of ever being put into Unreal.

Anyway. I love it when flowing drapery and capes and cloaks and overly-long loincloths (whatever those things are called) are integrated into armor, and a full-on robe would be even cooler. I'd love it if some fighters had features like that in the game. Only concern is that nVidia's awful cloth physics would still mess them up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nono - this thread is ment
    as .. idea for modelers only!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    I am just telling him what the devs have said, don't kill the messenger. If you want to make your own models like that, nothing is stopping you.
    oh oky.. naa i kill u not humm :\ Kaal, so, well, do it

i like it.. but you moddle mus, like i think spread on an other way... per download ..
    maybe, if i renew my UT3 collecting to UT4 for download, i securely take you mock-up/Avatar/Model also for upload..
    if's be well !

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hahaha - imagine a decadented Xan coming in some cape!
    Last edited by Kaal979; 04-04-2015, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am just telling him what the devs have said, don't kill the messenger. If you want to make your own models like that, nothing is stopping you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But if it's fit's in the Proportions and the Models be not trashy.. and look's well, so why not an bit wobble thing.. ,
    only why say anyone" oohh officially..," hey sorry Henrik, i be happy if some peoples make nice different Models for use..
    and those capes who move around and the whole game after a bit of spice up, well, for luck,
    have some peoples not decide but the whole community what they want use !
    I like some capes .. it make an bit dark.. unseen.. .. so why not .. this is an tournament .. so use what for an avatar you want..
    i like other things.. and the officially it is, make, does and have fun ! Ask Tim if it's in your direction not okey.. ! *g*

So in this direction..

have pfunn !
    I Like it.. do it.. and have fun !

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well as far as official models go they have stated they would prefer to avoid any "flappy bits" this time around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    humm in direction of cross knights.. not a bad choice ..it's more animated and wobbles more, make it more alive ..
    but maybe an bit "normal" size of the figures .. these dwarfs be easy too small *g*

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Fighters In Robes

Fighters In Robes

What about having characters with robes in the new UT?
    I likem somehow since they have a pretty strong and sinister look.
    Examples:

Working...
X