My take on the Epic Skarj Concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lol'ed at that last post ^_^.
    Awesome start to this Kaz. On an unrelated? note, you're one of the few people I know who can definitely get a lot out of Sculptris.

I guess the only feedback I have right now (and sort of the same thought I had with the concept) is to tweak the forms so that it fits within the character box.
    Unless of course you already have ideas for that.

Cheers.
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
      LeMNaDe xD...You be total offtiopc
      Right. How's this for 'on topic'....

I think its a fantastic model that KazeoHin should keep refining. I definitely has my seal of approval .

It's worth noting though, Epic is planning on taking another direction with the Skaarj (evidence here). I'd like to see if this can find a meaningful spot in the game itself (unless this is intended for the marketplace). KazeoHin is undoubtedly talented enough to make this a fantastic addition to the base game.

No matter which direction he wants to take it, I think I speak for most of when I say we'd like to see more

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
        and btw, take away in you picture(Paul Stratton at bottom) the teddy hat, mak's you so .. child, take an Normal picture, because, let you not show as i child, let you see as Art Developer and Artist You an man and not an Child ! (this couple set's do i remove if you change your picture in the Signature .)..
        Ich hoffe dein Englisch wird nochmal irgendwann besser.

Stop telling people what they should do with their inner child... We should all have this kind of silly pictures as signature.

@KazeoHin
        Yeah, it's the concept posted by Epic ...but it's also the most unfitting one.
        For a cunning space travelling species is this body development implausible. The hole body-language is more fitting for a primitive animal... some kind of a super brute Skaarj hunter developed to face a Stone Titan in a hand-to-hand combat.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of this concept for the Skarj, but I wanted more experience working from a concept. The concept itself is alright for a more animalistic, simple species (like the krall) but I am the same as all of you in thinking that the Skarj should be a calm, calculated, powerful intelligent species, like the Predator.

But this concept is pretty gnarly, and I'm having lots of fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
            ...and I'm having lots of fun with it.
            And that's what really matters.
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

you can easy say, please remove/stop it.. :} it's not well, because we can speak together .. it's my personally thing..

and by the way , if you not an huge fan of Skaarjs, should it not make.. because, if you not like, do you not know the history of it.. because has you not really interested .. if i am not wrong.. so, it's no wonder, if you make an skaarj who look's like an monster where have only scare the childes .. and be not really plausible fit not really in the real Unreal...

"And that's what really matters."
              and this is, why i have say, in the Ut fit's , because it's an nice monster ..

@ papercoffee, well, i hope it also.. but can be, more often i read, more often i see how's should be..
              i change at moment "who" with "where" where i have noticed .. and some other things also.. so well, i hope it too

and LeMNaDe xD, Epic make the right Skaarj like in the Unreal1 and UnrealTournament 99 in the MH,
              and make it more alive, because Tim Sweeny know, how has look like an Real Skaarj, Tim Sweeny and Steven Polge be once of the Developer of the Unreal1 !

best regards
              Blacky
              Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-12-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

If you guys keep this up you won't get any Skaarj model at all because you scared off any potential content creator.
                I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your opinion but this is the third thread for a Skaarj I've seen where the same people keep complaining that a redesigned version doesn't look like the Unreal Skaarj from 1998 when it's not supposed to.

@KazeoHin-TechAE
                Solid sculpting!
                I like that you put some personal spins on it like on the feet...The plantigrade design didn't feel right with the ******* hunched over body.
                Current Projects
                Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
                  If you guys keep this up you won't get any Skaarj model at all because you scared off any potential content creator.
                  I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your opinion but this is the third thread for a Skaarj I've seen where the same people keep complaining that a redesigned version doesn't look like the Unreal Skaarj from 1998 when it's not supposed to.

@KazeoHin-TechAE
                  Solid sculpting!
                  I like that you put some personal spins on it like on the feet...The plantigrade design didn't feel right with the ******* hunched over body.
                  Nah, don't worry. After everything that happened in my Flak Cannon thread, I'm not getting scared off anywhere soon!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've come down quite sick (some sort of cold or flu) so I won't be able to do anything on this for a while yet. I'm glad a lot of people are passionate about this guy. As I said before, I'm more of a fan on the original Skarj deaign from Unreal, I may alter this one later, but I want to stay true to the concept for now.

Comment

Hey Buddy,

Get well soon ! I want see fast as possible an Original alive Skaarj (in hd *g*)

best regards
                    Blacky

Comment

Working...
                    X