Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xan & The Corrupt character sketches (FAN ART)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, different versions of his head, armor or whatever parts can be done, since we can switch some parts in the player settings, right? :P
    But I agree, that's a great work as it is, and I always wanted to see some change about Xan, you're goin in the right direction imo

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Shraznar View Post
      Thanks for the feedback!

@Unreal Galdiator/Maask: I know how it can be a problem, something getting caught in the spoiler would be bad. Even UT2004's Xan has a functional gap in it, but it looks so cool this way.

update on the previous post, half his body drawn with/without armor. and a more slick head, this one can have a gapped wing. Also that palte behind his neck can be offed, looking up would be a problem.

xan
      the head maybe an bit higher (look the UT Version) not so thin (in hight), but nice job so far
      The Body iss well .. but the Head it is like, it was fell an anvil on it *lol* Or the players danced too much on his head around *lol*

humm.. if we look this :

and look this Xan : http://www.ut3skins.blackysgate.de/f...0/XAN/xan2.jpg

the Head from Axon look's also well : http://www.ut3skins.blackysgate.de/f...on/scaled1.jpg

make the head not so High Technology , make it more Old School Try it and let show it

you see what i meant ?

best regards
      Blacky
      Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-23-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

My feedback will be pretty much the same. Higher head, so it could fit head/brain making mystery of Xan unsolved (robot? cyborg? power armor? You did great job in making rest of Xan look like power armor Shranzar!). And maybe front of the head could be bit flatter as it is now a bit too reptile (but just a little bit imo).

...aaand full spoiler by the way
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Honestly I have no quarrels with the spoiler or head placement. it would look strange as a model, yes, but as concept art it retains strong identity. It FEELS like Xan. The trouble I have with the two concept art pieces in this forum is that they are polar opposites and ard both SO CLOSE. One has absolutely no abdomen, and just physically impossible proportions. On the other hand, the other one looks like Malcolm is cosplaying Xan. One keeps the usual tiny details Xan has always has had and even expands upon his "ears". Yet the other outright ignores all of it and still FEELS Xan. Honestly I feel compromise must be met. The ear thing would make more sense with little horizontal exhast vents at the top, and I feel some of his cheek areas need more attention to detail, like the first concept art had (more or less), and the first one would make more sense with actual bulk, but rather than in the hip area, the stomach and possibly chest area, and would also benefit from some of those classic Xan facial tropes (but ear spikes are cool... am i the only one who liked that?)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

@Unreal Galdiator/Maask: I know how it can be a problem, something getting caught in the spoiler would be bad. Even UT2004's Xan has a functional gap in it, but it looks so cool this way.

update on the previous post, half his body drawn with/without armor. and a more slick head, this one can have a gapped wing. Also that palte behind his neck can be offed, looking up would be a problem.

xan
            That looks outstanding! This Xan looks like a lean, mean killing machine. A military-grade combat chassis. The '99 Xan had gibs if you killed him if I'm correct. Maybe the UT4 Xan could go reincorporate this, with maybe only his brain intact. His greater-than-ai mental capacity combined with faster-than-nerves fibre-optics for inhuman reflexes and superhuman strength and endurance. Actuators, carbon nanotube artificial muscles, acute senses outside the normal range of human perception. Augmented reality feeding relevant combat data and filtering out noise. Advanced tactical advisory logarithms supplementing the already brialliant mind of a tournament veteran.

Now that would be a campaign boss worthy of the Tournament.

Comment

Shraznar keep going! This is the best Xan concept i've seen. It looks awesome and bad ***. Will continue to check this thread for further updates, this actually has potential to be the first community official character. Nice!

P.S- Maybe create your own thread and show us your process?
              work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I'm loving Shraznar's Xan design too, but my heart still goes out mainly to flou_cutepunk's Enigma design. All it needs is a bit of bulking up in the currently really insectile-looking lower torso/abdomen area and I think it'd capture Enigma's feel well while still having the impersonal look of a Liandri combat robot. I do hope someone picks up the challenge of turning her into a character model as well.

Comment

This Xan is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                    This is looking really nice. I'm going to start mocking this up in 3d if you're ok with it.

From a design point, the previous version had some better shapes. Looks like forms that are combat+mech heavy are more appealing for Xan I think. I might experiment a bit by using Outpost23 as some reference to detail and color value as it is the same company that put together the bots and Xan. Some similar designs would work well imo.
                    Go right ahead.

I would love to see your take on some parts, and feel free to alter components that you find weird or unfeasible, cus I think there can be issues with his 'bulk'

I hope to start a thread on Xan. Thanks HeisenbergTrip

Apologies @Flou_CutePunk I am new to these forums so I naturally posted where I saw/found the words XAN.
                    Last edited by Shraznar; 04-25-2015, 12:07 AM.
                    My art work here at DeviantArt.

Comment

Hi and be welcome on the Forum Shraznar !

oh i did not notice/view on you posts numbers Sorry.. !
                      so, be pretty welcome and let show if
                      you have maybe make change on your Xan..,
                      what do you have now done ?
                      Any changes ? ( *curious* )

best regards
                      Blacky

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

xan
                        Some great ideas floating around this thread. I'm liking the Xan that's manifesting, Shraznar. The side view of the torso is my favourite part of the design so far.

I think the head could be a little higher, less elongated, and a little wider. It looks more like a Blood Fist type head at the moment. The Corrupt generally had more humanoid shaped heads, though Xan had a flatter head top.

Here's a paint down that I did on Xan's head, based on some of the ideas I'm seeing here. A brain could potentially be inside I guess. As for human, I could raise the top to become curved enough to potentially fit a full head like in UT99, but then the flatter swept back angle would be less prominent, which really went well with the spoiler in this case.
                        Attached Files
                        Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

hiii! thats ok ) and welcome, I will make more finished sketch based on the my silhouette of Xan, we will see who's concept better ;D but I need more time for this, I had never draw a concept art, I am virgin at this xD cheers /,,/

Comment

good start, , maybe the cheeks even higher, the whole head over all an bit higher ..

best regards
                            Blacky

Comment

I'm thinking the silhouette head might actually do very well here. I might paint it down sometime if you don't mind flou_cutepunk.

Attached Files
                              Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

round mus it not be
                                maybe the platform, not so wide
                                but the head as so, more higher ..

hummm.. maybe an XAN and his "brother" the X0N

good guy, bad guy ?

maybe directly 2 Characters

best regards
                                Blacky

Comment

Working...
                                X