Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xan & The Corrupt character sketches (FAN ART)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very cool
    I like it I'm looking for a dragon style for the clan that I am going to create.
    Dragon bodies like that would be cool male/female.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *lol* like Daddy !
    hey common, back to the topic Gangsta

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It can always be an alternate head when switching parts. Always good to try various things to see what works and what doesn't. The changes I'd make to it from this point would most likely be something along the lines of this:

and a different mouth piece.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really hope that someone will notice that idea. –°orrupt need to evolve. For robots has a team Bloodfist

OMNIETY OMEGA

You do not have to show the emotions Xan. His face never showed anger.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still prefer Shranzar original design, looks more clean and cold...
    Just need to modify the shape of the helmet a bit to be able to fit a human head inside.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @OMNITY OMEGA
    I would say we want human head to fit inside the helmet even if full robot scenario is the true one. Just to keep this unsolved for players.

Yes in UT99 Xan had bloody gibs. It was probably due to limited time/resources in Epic at that time, but it worked with character description and thats how mystery arised. In UT2004 Xan had full metal gibs which said that there is no human inside. UT'99 varaint suggested that Xan Kriegor is Jerl Liandri (Maybe thats why Black legion aka Phayder Assassins wanted to kill him - Corporate wars). UT2004 favoured variant with him being leader of robot uprising (which is not cool enough for me :C ) which memory was wiped - and thats according to this article is official. But as it is said in Trivia:
    A fan speculation was that The Xan-MKIII is an entirely different character. The robot that caused the robot revolution. And that Xan Kriegor is still awaiting his comeback, or has retired from fighting. This speculation is probably created by fans that were dissapointed that the mysterious nature of Xan was revealed in UT2004 in a rather dull way. With no explenation as to why he "bleed" blood in UT99, but was entirely robotic in UT2004.
    There is possibility that Xan Kriegor is not one exactly same being, but different variants of this being. In UT'99 Xan could be Jerl Liandri, but he either tried to avoid Necris Assassins or some Liandri people figured out that human part is weakness of Xan and replaced "pilot" with robot uprising leader AI (which as we know wasn't successful enough, but still made him the deadliest robot in the Tournament). Personally i prefer variant with human part and i would place human brain inside Xan Kriegor suit (bloody gibs only after headshot) without telling whose brain it is. It might be Jerl Liandri coming back maybe, but this also can be just an upgrade for Xan AI as human brain have a lot of computing power and great capabilities of learning and improving itself (AI supported with brain compute power?). This could also allow us to give him some more personality than: "I am alpha and omega" - i'm the best, you are piece of ****. Some more sophisticated and mean taunting. Maybe pulling off Agent Smith . With human brain scenario i would also give him some gestures and moves which are quite human and very improbable for robot AI to do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It mostly depends if we want a human head to fit inside the helmet or not. "Is Xan a human in a suit? A robot? Or a human brain in a robot body?" By human in a suit, I assume it's a full human of some sort, perhaps fused into the suit to a certain degree.

In UT99, didn't Xan have bloodied gibs somewhat indicating metal and flesh? It was pretty low res, not too sure myself. In fact I must admit, the mysteriousness kind of disappears once you gib Xan, since whatever the gibs show is pretty much indicative of what he is inside.

Judging by this: "Cybernetic creatures are a mixture of living flesh and robot parts.", there's definitely some human parts inside though how much isn't known.
    Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 05-01-2015, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 Fartuess, well idea with the blood !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree the new design is good but I like the earlier design better. I would like to see both designs in the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @OMNIETY OMEGA
    Latest ones works good for other The Corrupt members but not for Xan as it is working aganist what is Xans design pillars like flat front and flat top. The one which was Based on Shranzar was better but still wasn't angular enough (top should be flat. It can has some details, just without disturbing angular aggresiveness which was what made Shranzars concept so good).

For the human brain. It would be cool if blood would come from him but only after headshots. But i guess that would solve the mystery?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh well, now i see it.. the gray one .. 1&2 it's well imho, without the gray look's so.. weary of ..
    with the gray cheek decals make's an bit stronger.. an bit.. how can i say.. well, it would be missing just..

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's pretty much the same head. I just put up one with a full spoiler, one with a gap in the spoiler, and one without cheek decals.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1&2 iss clear, but the 3rd, what's there other between 2 & 3 ? more wider ?
    for me it's more interesting, the hight of the head.. also the cheeks ....
    for me it's the spoiler all the same ... but the mouth it's not bad.. an bit bigger .. now .. look well.
    let see what's the other say ..

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played around with the silhouette. I wanted to see how a more android type appearance might look, something like the original Corrupt's mechanical humanoid heads. The head's slightly tilted down (curved visor and a little foreshortening). The top of the head is relatively flat, without the sawn off type look. It could be a mechanical helmet worn or a robot.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    round mus it not be
    maybe the platform, not so wide
    but the head as so, more higher ..

hummm.. maybe an XAN and his "brother" the X0N

good guy, bad guy ?

maybe directly 2 Characters

best regards
    Blacky

Leave a comment: