Cyberpunk Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberpunk Characters

I would love to see cyberpunk characters if any concept artist is interested xD
    characters like in Deus Ex
    if it is not allowed in UT official perhaps we can build a MOD with a cyberpunk level,i can do the coding/level design for it

Have you heard of a thing called the Marketplace?

Or anything about the general lore and character design of any of the other Unreal games?

Comment

Marketplace - yes...general lore - no

Comment

Well... UT'99 was a bit cyberpunk. It was just kind of replaced with generic sci-fi in UT2k3.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Earlier sarcastic response aside (sorry about that :c ), you could probably find a way to integrate a "cyberpunk lite" look into a lot of character concepts. The default Necris Female model's already kind of got the look with the glowing eyes and the new wave hair (and the tubes and wires all over her body), but less extreme examples of characters that plug into computers without being full-on punk include Neo from The Matrix and Lord Hood from Halo.

You could take the "minimalistic" look of these plugs/interface ports and combine them with modern punk styles--

and instead of using an over-the-top PUNK RAWK look on the entire character, you could instead use those things as accents on an otherwise visually clean and readable form, such as the "hacker jacket" light armor from Blacklight (yes, I know that isn't what it's called in-game, sue me):

Granted, this is all just inspiration, but I've found that one of the best ways to make things interesting is to keep them more or less "normal" and add interesting details to the top.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyxyed View Post
            I would love to see cyberpunk characters if any concept artist is interested xD
            characters like in Deus Ex
            if it is not allowed in UT official perhaps we can build a MOD with a cyberpunk level,i can do the coding/level design for it

UT has a lot of different characters and themes, but what unifies them is that they're warriors, or fighters.

As much as I love Deus Ex and the Ghost in the shell type cyberpunk look and atmosphere, I'm not too sure it blends well with UT.
            Cyberpunk is usually synonymous with hackers, and "fight the power" punks who run from authority and try to overthrow them subversively.
            UT is more about straight forward fighting and focusing on arena combat, and becoming a legendary grand champion (Or at least that's how I see it).
            -And some UT characters do have cybernetic enhancements.
            See pic:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	apex skin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	337786
            It's not just the focus of the lore or really a big deal.

Cyberpunk characters and maps will be fine for the market place. I'm sure they have a pretty big audience.
            But if someone submits a few concepts and prototypes during this concepting/pre alpha phase and they get really popular, I see no reason why Epic can't include them.
            Provided they're popular enough, lore can be tailored to fit them in.
            3D Artist looking for work.

Comment

Hi CognizanCe,

however/but, it is, because the young have most play UT2, 2003/4 and some things.. no really feeling on the real unreal ..

and this is the dilemma on this place !

Cyberpunk with Latex/Vinyl and Leather it's no more in "modern times" the one and only ..
              this was in our times the No.1 ..

today it is Cyberpunk more in this direction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9ELV2WGRE
              Cybernetic, Technical and so.. no more the "Cyberfeeling" the Electro-feeling, like it was on our times ..
              Today it is more in Things, like Handy, Hardware and so on.. you see .. the Factory's have make more focusing it in direction Hardware ..
              because.. make money ..

normally should it be more in this direction .. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo

but in Unreal 1 ut99 was it more in dark art

if if am not wrong ..

best regards
              Blacky
              Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-05-2015, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CognizanCe View Post
                UT has a lot of different characters and themes, but what unifies them is that they're warriors, or fighters.

As much as I love Deus Ex and the Ghost in the shell type cyberpunk look and atmosphere, I'm not too sure it blends well with UT.
                Cyberpunk is usually synonymous with hackers, and "fight the power" punks who run from authority and try to overthrow them subversively.
                To be fair, most cyberpunk settings and themes have "heavier" character types (enforcers and cybered-up SWAT officers, for instance, or Shadowrun's Street Sams) that would fit in well, at least from a backstory perspective--lots of them get called in when a megacorp deploys armed security troops, or they'll have backgrounds in gang warfare or with some shadowy criminal syndicate like the Yakuza. I believe what I forwarded about appearance would cover their appearances pretty well, aside from maybe giving them somewhat heavier armor.

Comment

Hi, as suggestion :

http://www.dvf-gegenlicht.de/lafoa20...kopf_son01.jpg

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-...aiser20top.jpg

Jaycemonde, something in this direction ? Pizzi, my Friend in the TournamentHeaven and deceased exServerowner from Killerbees server,
                  this was his direction, this is more "heavier" Cyberpunk, Hellraiser .. this is in this direction , was also his direction.

best regards
                  Blacky
                  Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-06-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
                    Jaycemonde, something in this direction ?
                    That's more the kind of look I'd expect from the Nightmares or the Hellions. When I talk about "heavier" cyberpunk characters, I mean more like these:

They're still very obviously cyberpunk, but they look more like they belong in a stand-up fight with heavy firepower and lots of bodies hitting the floor than the more traditional hit-n-run, guerrilla warfare, computer-hacking types people tend to associate with the genre or aesthetic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

also looks pretty well

best regards
                      Blacky

Comment

Shadowrun :3
                        Unofficial Enforcer Model
                        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

This is a remake/reboot not a remaster.
                          Attached Files

Comment

its great to have a cyberpunk map and characters with augs also add something like cyberspace xD
                            i played Dystopia,its great

Comment

Working...
                            X