Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal, UT99, UT2003/4 Avatars and Images.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal, UT99, UT2003/4 Avatars and Images.

Took screenshots of the Unreal and UT99 characters (122 in total) to use as avatars in the UTForums as discussed in this thread.
    The UT2003/4 avatars are taken from some shifty websites and are incomplete. If I have the time I'll also do them.

Unreal, UT99, UT2003/4 Avatars: https://ut.rushbase.net/ChA1NsAw/Unr...%20Avatars.zip
    Unreal & UT99 Bodyshots: https://ut.rushbase.net/ChA1NsAw/Unr...-Bodyshots.zip
    UT2004 Avatars & bodyshots: https://ut.rushbase.net/ChA1NsAw/UT2...0Bodyshots.zip

Also made round and square versions because I don't know what this forum supports.
    I'll upload the body shots in a separate .zip because those are the biggest files.

I'm posting them here, because they probably serve as nice reference material.
    Don't hesitate to tell me if something is missing or incorrect.

Headshots: 100x100 (except UT2003: 64x64), Torsoshots: 250x250 (UT2004: 200x200), Bodyshots: 820x820 (UT2004: 400x400)

Amazing character artists imo!

Unreal:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

UT99:

UT2003:

UT2004:

Attached Files
    Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM.

Can you please edit your post to use the [SHOT] tag instead of the [IMG] tag? The forum automatically resizes the pictures and I can't zoom in. The [SHOT] tag fixes this.

Comment

Done. Did not know you could do that. Thank you.

Comment

mmm the ut3 part does not seem to be here
        thanks dude

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
          mmm the ut3 part does not seem to be here
          thanks dude
          I'm doing the UT2004 characters now.

Comment

Alrighty. Finished. Some headshots of UT2004 are of low quality due to constraints of the game character selection screen. Updated pictures and new link in OP.

Originally posted by Flak View Post
            I can assure you you're not numbers. It's only been a time concern at this point.

I'm happy to put up UT avatars if someone would kindly get them together for us like they did in the Infinity Blade and Gears forums. That way you guys get what you want instead of me just grabbing them from the old forums.

I'm happy to let you guys decide which you'd rather have.
            These
            Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 04-19-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I don't know if anyone feels like it, but we could probably remake some Unreal/UT99 avatars to look more like the UT2003 and UT2004 avatars so that they'd be more interesting than the front view portraits with the black backgrounds.

Ex:

Comment

Originally posted by Skerion View Post
                I don't know if anyone feels like it, but we could probably remake some Unreal/UT99 avatars to look more like the UT2003 and UT2004 avatars so that they'd be more interesting than the front view portraits with the black backgrounds.

Ex:
                They indeed look better, but it will take a lot of work. I quickly tried an automated process in photoshop and this is the result, lol:

It's something that needs to be done manually without chroma key pictures.
                I'd love to have all the models on a green screen and take high res pictures of them.

Comment

very nice, Thank you Chainsaw !
                  Well Done and Keep it up and hold the peoples on the right way
                  *thumps up*

i see, there be one of the oldest there, and this is, why i writing this now.. :

http://unreal1998remake.boards.net/
                  If you can developing with, Do it, more faster it is finish and more better it is original.. if you bring in your Unreal Knowledge base.
                  Unreal Remake needs you, for become, hold and make the right Way !
                  The Unreal Remake it is this Project, who have any speak and want in the last 17 Years !
                  Bring your experience in, bring you work in... Bring you Opinions in.
                  This Unreal Reamke, it is right now the one for setting up Standards , in HD and in the Future ..
                  (maybe later also for an Holodeck )
                  Tell it all your Friends .. to build up together an Unreal Remake !
                  Be need 3D AAA Artists , Script developer, Programmer and all around the Unreal Game.
                  Please Write there please :
                  http://unreal1998remake.boards.net/t...before-posting

all what is original produced for Unreal, can also take in Unreal Tournament (like i believe, because, if be the original)
                  and we need anyway all Characters in the Unreal Family .. you know.. Also if you build Warcows(first an Nalicow the best be taken in Unreal Remake), Other Nali's, and other Animals, do it.. but it must fit for The Original Unreal, but alive.. in HD and an Real Unreality like it was in original Unreal1 beta Ad .. "the new Reality, the Unreal Reality"

best regards
                  Blacky
                  Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-20-2015, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Nice effort. Any forum without avatars just feels impersonal and cold. So I assume we're just waiting for Flak/someone to unlock the function?

(Just hoping it won't deepen the trenches between 99 and 2k4 people in any way. )
                    Last edited by Le0_; 04-21-2015, 09:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Pack these up and send them to me Cha1nsaw! I will do my best to get them up on the forum.
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

ehh download it easy Flak
                        on the first Topic be the 3 link's, i have downloaded already

best regards
                        blacky

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
                          They indeed look better, but it will take a lot of work. I quickly tried an automated process in photoshop and this is the result, lol:

It's something that needs to be done manually without chroma key pictures.
                          I'd love to have all the models on a green screen and take high res pictures of them.
                          At some point, I could probably make a couple more avatars like the one I posted. It may take a while to get all the characters since I've got to worry about lighting, camera positions, backgrounds and etc, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerion View Post
                            At some point, I could probably make a couple more avatars like the one I posted. It may take a while to get all the characters since I've got to worry about lighting, camera positions, backgrounds and etc, but I think it will be worth it in the end.
                            Is the lighting on the face a render or painted? If I can help I'd be glad to.

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
                              Is the lighting on the face a render or painted? If I can help I'd be glad to.
                              Lighting is rendered in Blender. I had one light point shining in front of Blake's face and another light point with a more saturated color shinning from behind.

If you're going to help out, that'd be pretty awesome. Just keep in mind that I'm planning on making the background color in the avatars vary. Some teams will probably have specific color themes (e.g. Blood Reavers will have background colors ranging from yellow to green, Black Legion will have background colors ranging from bluish purple to red, Dark Phalanx will probably have cool colors from cyan to blue, and the Raw Steel guys could have metal-like colors). I would prefer to have varying camera angles and poses for each avatar, but I suppose we could it either way.

Here's the background image I made specifically for the avatar, if you want to use it.

I would refrain from trying to fit the entire image into a 128 by 128 avatar and instead grab smaller areas on the image and use those. Rotating and flipping the image would help out with variation of the texture of the background.

If this all seems too overwhelming for you in combination with the different camera positions and poses, we can just stick with the default camera position and poses in the first avatar.
                              Last edited by Skerion; 04-23-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X