Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal, UT99, UT2003/4 Avatars and Images.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    So you exported the model and opened in blender?

    Comment


      #17
      I can't wait to put dante_bane as my avatar. I can't believe how well Unreal 97 characters hold up by today's artistic standards. They had so much personality and variety.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
        So you exported the model and opened in blender?
        Yeah, pretty much. The models weren't rigged to a skeleton (they use vertex animation instead), so I just imported the frame from the player setup animation where they're just standing. So far I rerigged just the Male Commando.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Skerion View Post
          Yeah, pretty much. The models weren't rigged to a skeleton (they use vertex animation instead), so I just imported the frame from the player setup animation where they're just standing. So far I rerigged just the Male Commando.
          What program did you use to open and convert .int files?

          Any of these? http://file.org/extension/int

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Flak View Post
            Pack these up and send them to me Cha1nsaw! I will do my best to get them up on the forum.
            Wow. So we WILL have them here? That's what I wanted to see.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
              What program did you use to open and convert .int files?

              Any of these? http://file.org/extension/int
              Actually, I opened .u files using the UT Package Tool. The .u files contain meshes rather than just being mesh files themselves.

              If you want, I could upload the blender files for for some of the playermodels that were semi-corrected to save you time.

              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lazou096...uCWAOshla?dl=0

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Skerion View Post
                Actually, I opened .u files using the UT Package Tool. The .u files contain meshes rather than just being mesh files themselves.

                If you want, I could upload the blender files for for some of the playermodels that were semi-corrected to save you time.

                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lazou096...uCWAOshla?dl=0
                Aha, nice program. You can extract as .3ds too.
                Gotta go to work now, care to tell me in what u package the characters are in? Don't have time left.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
                  Aha, nice program. You can extract as .3ds too.
                  Gotta go to work now, care to tell me in what u package the characters are in? Don't have time left.
                  I believe the meshes were in the BotPack.u file. The meshes I used in particular were the ones made specifically for the player setup window (The first word on those meshes was "Selection" I believe, so that might make it easier for you to find them), which is different from the general meshes used in gameplay.

                  Keep in mind that most of the playermodels don't have a skeleton or a t-pose animation. Only Xan Mark II and WarBoss have a skeleton.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X