Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Gen Mo'Kai

Hello!

I'll be starting this concept art thread for the Gen Mo'Kai, those weird alien people with tails and hind legs and cool masks. You know the ones. Yeah. I'd like to see them return in the new UT because why not?

I ended up re-designing them somewhat rather than just copying their old models. Plus I felt like they needed some more distinction from those other reptilian dudes that we might end up getting in the game *cough*skaarj*cough*
    Once I have the base design figured out completely, I'll be moving on to their attire - armor, clothing, masks, all that fun stuff. For now I'd like to know what you guys think about the direction I'm taking it in. This is only the first iteration and it will most likely change at least a little.
    So yeah, if you have any thoughts and suggestions - shoot.

Love it, love it, LOVE IT. The pose right now isn't that striking. I'd like to see a pose with more soul, more personality, more character.

Comment

Finally somebody made a concept of some other creatures than Skaarj... Hope there will be anybody eager to model it.

Comment

oh coool ! really nice !

Artarrwen, you have shoot in the target ! Hit/met!

KazeoHin-TechAE, yesss... it's really unreallike ! i love it too. let'z love it together *g*

Can you maybe make an Female ? *g*

best regards
        Blacky
        Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-21-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
          Love it, love it, LOVE IT. The pose right now isn't that striking. I'd like to see a pose with more soul, more personality, more character.
          The pose wasn't really the focus here but yeah, personality and character is definitely something I'd love to explore. Will do! Eventually.

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
          oh coool ! really nice !

Artarrwen, you have shoot in the target ! Hit/met!

KazeoHin-TechAE, yesss... it's really unreallike ! i love it too. let'z love it together *g*

Can you maybe make an Female ? *g*

best regards
          Blacky
          Yes, definitely.

Thanks!

Comment

lil' child's ? *g* *duck* *g* for make an bit background.. and
            "this be the Gen Mo'Kai , they have Family like Nali and live on an Other Planet .."
            or something.. for make n bit history..
            Your Create it again, you can build an history for it.. for the Future you know ....
            or if you find some History in the net.. build easy something together.. for have an Background from they are ..

ups there :
            http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Gen_Mo%27Kai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#Gen_Mo.27_Kai

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Fire_Storm

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_U...#Gen_Mo.27_Kai

best regards
            Blacky
            Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-21-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Was never a huge fan of those chars but your take is excellent! Looking forward to seeing this progress.
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Well as someone whose favourite char was gen mo kai, I should probably share my opinion <). As always a different take on something is generally hard to accept compared to the original concept. New is good but would be better if it wouldn't be limited to this style, I mean like there are different breeds of dogs, so are of gen mo kai, humans, etc.

The thing that most appealed to me in UT2003-04 is that there wasn't to much deviation from the basic humanoid form. Like in most movies I notice they try to make it very noticeable that it is a creepy alien, overdone sometimes, with the exoskeleton, jaggedy features, weird fingers weird arms.

Like the human design its simple, practical, not overdone on any features. Its great that aliens can exist with weird features, but a lot probably exist with a streamlined design.
                UT2004 gen mo kai in reference to humans were a streamlined slender (mokara a bit fatty), tall, emu type legs, tail for balance, head with some simple horn designs.

Same for the Skaarj as I notice in the other thread, like UT3 just some wierd hunchback overdone thing.

Again great, valid, perfect, but imo in the scifi comunity, overdone aliens are overdone, would be nice to see some streamlined designs like in UT2004. Ideally both types can be in the game.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Damagebonus View Post
                  Well as someone whose favourite char was gen mo kai, I should probably share my opinion <). As always a different take on something is generally hard to accept compared to the original concept. New is good but would be better if it wouldn't be limited to this style, I mean like there are different breeds of dogs, so are of gen mo kai, humans, etc.

The thing that most appealed to me in UT2003-04 is that there wasn't to much deviation from the basic humanoid form. Like in most movies I notice they try to make it very noticeable that it is a creepy alien, overdone sometimes, with the exoskeleton, jaggedy features, weird fingers weird arms.

Like the human design its simple, practical, not overdone on any features. Its great that aliens can exist with weird features, but a lot probably exist with a streamlined design.
                  UT2004 gen mo kai in reference to humans were a streamlined slender (mokara a bit fatty), tall, emu type legs, tail for balance, head with some simple horn designs.

Same for the Skaarj as I notice in the other thread, like UT3 just some wierd hunchback overdone thing.

Again great, valid, perfect, but imo in the scifi comunity, overdone aliens are overdone, would be nice to see some streamlined designs like in UT2004. Ideally both types can be in the game.

-snip-
                  But "simple" human-like aliens are just as overdone.
                  Either way there's not much room for real creativity here because the very idea of "reptilian/amphibian looking alien people" is just too cliche. They could look plain and humanoid and it'd look generic, they could look extremely weird (as much as the requirements for a game such as UT permit) and it'll be just as generic because both of those things have been done before over and over. I just thought that change from one design to another is acceptable, it's been done across different Unreal games already (see Krall).
                  It is true though that both types could exist.

Comment

I love this concept.

Also this race was a favorite among my friends. It was sad it was not in UT3 officially.

Comment

well, we have now our Community-"Officially" who be easy able for make and include, if fits, and this is really well
                      if i see this Gen Mo'Kai , it is very manny space for Geckolike colour variants and an bit other variety Character Forms
                      and this it is what i see.. This is an Citizen Gen Mo'Kai from the Mo'Kai Planet , need only an Wife and an childes
                      for create an whole direction history include the history from past of Unreal Wiki Websides,
                      to have an a beautiful twist in a direction of knowledge about the nature of they Gen Mo'Kai liveforms and his Planet ..

Need now in any case an History and an legend of it !

i have see from the patch of 227 Unreal1, there it is in the editor an Gecko-like liveform, who can come also from this planet,
                      who be /was maybe on the Prisoner Ship from Ni'Leve Falls .. i mus make an screenshoot.. .. later, edit this one.. again and past it..
                      then can you add this liveform to the History/legende of the Gen Mo'Kai 's ..

The Screenshoots of the Chameleon:

Chameleon/U1-Chameleon-p227i.zip = 19Megabyte , first shoot in the Editor, then shoot in game, later fly behind ..

best regards
                      Blacky
                      Last edited by Blackcrack; 04-22-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Mhmm, I just wanted to share another perspective on it. Generally this model looks great for the game, I just hope someone will also make some more of the type I described xD. Guess its just that its easier for me to identify with something that looks more human, yet alien, than really alien alien. Can always be interesting of how to balance the simple design to complex in drawing aliens.

Well gl, looking forward to how this progresses

Comment

Originally posted by Artarrwen View Post

Welcome to the forums! Awesome concept. Awesome awesome awesome! That screams 2015 Gen Mo'kai.
                          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I also like the grumpy expression alot -
                            more than the funny ones from UT2004.
                            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Chest carpace would limit his freedom of movement. Just sayin
                              Unofficial Enforcer Model
                              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Working...
                              X