Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egyptian, Nubian Skins and new Unreal Tournament movement 2014

Hello. I am an animation and model student. A young professional

For the new Unreal Tournament, I would like to see more Egyptian style character skins. Also, instead of only armor, skins with long drapes. For example, there were characters Asp in Unreal Tournament 2004 and Selket in Unreal Championship 2. Click image for larger version

Name:	unreal-championship-2-wallpapers_21337_1280x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	352369

In addition, I thought it would be intriguing to have long drapes. Dynamics would vary, if necessary to have any. Such as gravity and flow with cloth. These are close examples of what I am talking about, but not precise. Click image for larger version

Name:	scribean230i.jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	352370Click image for larger version

Name:	piestess_egypt.jpg
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	352371

This white and gold is a good example. Although, colors should be able to be customized. Click image for larger version

Name:	431b1d54214ee84a3521b73437ad4f8c.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	352372
    Click image for larger version

Name:	egyptian-goddess-costume.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	352373 Click image for larger version

Name:	082066554586a722c9015b7a264ee844.jpg
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	352374

As much as I don't like Cleopatra... The style of drapes in center is good. Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleopatra_and_Caesar_by_Jean-Leon-Gerome.jpg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	352375

Moreover, other than cloth, it would be great if the movement was similar to Unreal Tournament 2004 and the combat as well. I think the mechanics are excellent, and I play UT2004 sometimes when I have extra time. I liked the wall dodging and the speed of the game. The gravity as well. If the game was like Unreal Tournament 2004, but with Unreal Engine 4 graphics, that would be excellent if possible.

Also, it would be nice if some character skins had trench coats with outlines. For example, customize a long black coat and have gold or violet outlines on the edges. I like trench coats, B.C. Egyptian and Greek style clothing. Always have ad always will.

If Anyone else has any ideas for skins or any other ideas, please post here.

Thanks, Dunamis~Ophis, Biko

No illuminati/eye of providence stuff please.

Joke aside, it would be interesting to make more models based on old cultures, need some Roman imo.

Comment

Absolutely hated the Egyptian nonsense as featured in 2k4, and the same goes for the Necris. Just silly and stupid all around.

There's my vote.

Comment

Absolutely hated the egyptian stuff + that skeleton character in UT 200x. It reeks of Quake 3 and has nothing to do with Unreal Tournament.

Comment

I didn't mind the whole Egyptian theme from 2k4, I actually liked it!
          Steam
          irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
          UT Username - nvz
          gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
          || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Okay ideas i suppose, although I'm someone who believes this upcoming game should feature the egyptians, they should be closer in appearance to their UT2k4 versions appearance-wise (although not cartoony) and not closer to their over-sexualized UC2 versions. I also feel they need a bit revamp for them to make a little more sense at least. I really like the idea behind an egyptian theme and everything, but I believe it shouldn't be exactly the same as it was in UT2k4 and especially not the way it was in UC2.
            Last edited by MacD11; 05-12-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, the UT2004 character skins are great. I play with Asp as one of my four main skins. I would like to other characters and ideas. I see so many Gorge players, and from what I understand, it is because of popularity and force models. I don't use force models. I like to play with different characters. I did not play Championship, but I agree. I just think it would be cool to see an Egyptian skin similar to Asp without the hat and more drapes and coats. Basically, some characters with armor, and some with more cloth than armor.

Comment

Asp was cool, altough i wish the comandos soldiers were better made. Also bring back Mr. Crow + Necris!!

Comment

I think people hated the Egyptian style in UT2k4 mostly because it was not properly introduced to the lore and because people don't seem to understand the general concept of UT: it's a tournament with gladiators. A gladiator can dress up like that, why not? A team of gladiators can choose a style they want to wear, they can choose their nicknames etc. so the Egyptian characters were not actually Egyptians, they were gladiators who dig the Egyptian style and thought it was cool. That's something UT should embrace: what's wrong with sci-fi Egyptians or sci-fi vikings if done right? I tell you, absolutely nothing.
                  Last edited by Zaxx; 05-12-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaxx View Post
                    I think people hated the Egyptian style in UT2k4 mostly because it was not properly introduced to the lore and because people don't seem to understand the general concept of UT: it's a tournament with gladiators. A gladiator can dress up like that, why not?
                    Yeah, I think that could be it.

People disliked the Egyptians because they didn't have a proper introduction into the series's lore and sounded pretty far fetched while being introduced as well. I believe these problems can be fixed by taking the basic elements of the Egyptian faction in 2k4 and making something new out of them, something that makes more sense and isn't as far-fetched at least.

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
                      Yeah, I think that could be it.

People disliked the Egyptians because they didn't have a proper introduction into the series's lore and sounded pretty far fetched while being introduced as well. I believe these problems can be fixed by taking the basic elements of the Egyptian faction in 2k4 and making something new out of them, something that makes more sense and isn't as far-fetched at least.
                      They could just be combatants who enjoy dressing in Egyptian style. Just their team "thing." Describing it like that would make it substantially less lame.

Comment

Originally posted by mastermanaic View Post
                        They could just be combatants who enjoy dressing in Egyptian style. Just their team "thing." Describing it like that would make it substantially less lame.
                        Something like that, or perhaps they are mercenaries who represent a culture of humanity in the future that is obsessed with Ancient Egyptian culture and runs a society on another planet (maybe a terraformed Venus?) that is heavily based off of (but isnt just like) the culture of the Ancient Egyptians? That might be a bit over-board compared to what you suggested (but still not as ridiculous as the original lore that the Nakhti Egyptians had), but I feel it might be an interesting piece of lore to add to the game.

Comment

Something like that, or perhaps they are mercenaries who represent a culture of humanity in the future that is obsessed with Ancient Egyptian culture and runs a society on another planet (maybe a terraformed Venus?) that is heavily based off of (but isnt just like) the culture of the Ancient Egyptians? That might be a bit over-board compared to what you suggested (but still not as ridiculous as the original lore that the Nakhti Egyptians had), but I feel it might be an interesting piece of lore to add to the game.
                          No, I don't think it's overboard at all. I'd give it a thumbs-up.

Comment

Did a Google search on the Nakhti you're referring to: man it's so cheesy I actually regret not playing Unreal Championship 2. A PC port would be welcome or at least if someone would finish this mod:
                            http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-championship-2004

Comment

I really loved that Egyptian theme, and i hope it get back in the new UT.

Comment

Working...
                              X