Cybernetic Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cybernetic Build

This thread will show progress of a bot character build. It could or could not turn out to be a version of Xan. Depending on where it ends up after concept work.

Model reference sheet. Mood board for the character.

[screenshot]http://orig12.deviantart.net/f32c/f/2015/137/1/5/board1_by_danpaz3d-d8tounj.jpg[/screenshot]

I've been working on a very basic blockout for a bot/cybernetic character based on various concepts. I've restrained myself from putting in detail and fixing bugs.
    There's still a lot that needs to be done, but I think it's at a good starting point where some paintovers can be done. The head especially, as I'm still unsure as to how it should look.

Update: Gooba put together an awesome concept to get me started.

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/1d289Ub.jpg[/screenshot]
    Last edited by danpaz3d; 08-12-2015, 08:15 AM.
    3d Artist
    UT Cosmetic Items |
    UT Cybernetic Build

It is very cool! Once you have shown your head Xan, I really wanted to see how you do everything. Good luck!

Comment

A good start, keep it up!

Comment

Thanks all, there wont be an update for a while now until I get some decent paintovers done. I want to get the concept right before I continue.
        3d Artist
        UT Cosmetic Items |
        UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Looking forward to what you come up with!
          Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
          Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
          Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to see this as the first character created by a community member. That's one of the hardest jobs, but i'm sure just as YemYam is helping with the weapons, there has to be someone who can help you with the characters.

I'm going to follow this thread, good luck
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Thanks all.

Thought I might post up my current progress. As I'm not so good with painting from scratch I mostly do matte and composition of what I think could work. Here's what I got so far.

Still a long way to go.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/48a1/f/...3d-d8vafsq.png
              Last edited by danpaz3d; 05-31-2015, 04:50 AM.
              3d Artist
              UT Cosmetic Items |
              UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

it looks cool so far,
                I noticed it has same had as one of models I made WIP-render: http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/scifihquq.jpg

Make sure to change it or ask Benoit Godde if you can use that reference, because it is really noticeable, head especially.

However blockout is very well done, I like proportions of you model
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks IamWinside.

It's pretty much all placeholder for now so it will definitely change. Just wanted to show a general idea of what direction its heading.
                  3d Artist
                  UT Cosmetic Items |
                  UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Hi danpaz3d,

maybe an gray background, because to see the silhouette of if it is not really to see
                    but so far, looks good.

best regards
                    Blacky

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                      Thanks all.

Thought I might post up my current progress. As I'm not so good with painting from scratch I mostly do matte and composition of what I think could work. Here's what I got so far.

Still a long way to go.

Cyrax Mortal Kombat. Not a bad model btw.

Comment

Update: Gooba put together an much better concept to get me started.

Some background on the character

Name: Caliber
                        Faction: Phayder
                        Personality: Psychotic Comedian (Think Deadpool or The Joker)

History/Background: "Xan's Evil Twin"
                        During the Robot Uprising, Liandri used agile security bots to defend them against Xan and the other rebels. Once Xan and the other bots were captured and used in the Tournament, Liandri realized that these security bots were useless, all were destroyed by basically "frying their chips", but one remained. This was a cybernetic called "Caliber" which was part human and managed to escape the factory where bots were sent to be destroyed. Eventually, Caliber was captured by Phayder corp. Hacked and modified beyond recognition, Caliber was being used as a test bot for new technology that would eventually go into Necris. This included new guns, NanoTech etc.. After many years of hard work, Phayder corp realized that Caliber was the perfect candidate and possibly the only one that had a chance against Xan in the Tournament.

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/1d289Ub.jpg[/screenshot]

I'll be doing some simple paintovers for other variations until I find one that suits best.
                        Last edited by danpaz3d; 08-12-2015, 08:19 AM.
                        3d Artist
                        UT Cosmetic Items |
                        UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

I've done a quick paintover with suggested changes to the head and legs.
                          As most of the key forms are there I'm going to start blocking it out in 3d. I'll refine detail later on.

[screenshot]http://orig00.deviantart.net/f866/f/2015/230/f/e/v1concept_by_danpaz3d-d966awx.jpg[/screenshot]
                          3d Artist
                          UT Cosmetic Items |
                          UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

The feet has a pretty neat general shape, but they don't look very practical in terms of functionality. By that, I mean it looks impossible to walk comfortably with those feet considering that there doesn't seem to be an ease of control on how you angle the theoretical and nonexistent ankles.

Comment

Good point Skerion, definitely something I've noticed and will fix in the blockout/kitbash. I'll probably hit a midpoint between Gooba's original idea and mine. Thinking that cosmetic items will have to fit on the legs as well, I think slimmer calves and more 'feet like' feet could work. Something I'll experiment with.
                              3d Artist
                              UT Cosmetic Items |
                              UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Working...
                              X