X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character / Art All Call!

All Call for Content Creators!

We'd like to expand our content offering this summer, and we need your help.

We set the stage with the base male character models for the Thunder Crash team and the Black Legion team (the female Black Legion model will be done soon), and we'd love to fill out the roster.

We're looking for cosmetic items, skin variants, head variants, or even all new character models that could be part of the existing teams. You're welcome to create your own new characters, or pull from a previous game's roster if you need some inspiration:

THUNDER CRASH (male) Deslok Genghis Jakob Malcolm Othello Picard Riker Skirge Taye
    BLACK LEGION (male) Cadaver Damian Grail Harbinger Judas Kragoth Leeb Loque Malakai Necroth Pagan Samael Thannis
    BLACK LEGION (female) Akasha Alanna Arachne Cryss Freylis Kryss Malise Nocturne Raven Vise

We've released the source art for our models to serve as a style guide, and to help you gauge scale, triangle counts, etc. Source files can be accessed here.

Remember to post your progress in the forums!
    Last edited by Entropy; 06-17-2015, 12:45 PM.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Is it possible to get the base model ztl too? Would be nice to have the same starting point if we're going to make stuff. I'm assuming you guys aren't starting completely from scratch every time you make a new model?

Comment

Dibs on Lauren. I saw her first.

Comment

I started a thread about my guy here

Comment

Too much human-like wannabe techno - not playful xeno stylie enough!

P.S.: See some good old
          undead from WARZONE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	karak1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	338450

The entire book btw.
          can be found in my files!

P.S.2: Some unreleased
          NecroMutants from
          WARZONE Resurrection:

Last edited by Kaal979; 06-19-2015, 03:37 AM.
          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

That's great but can you guys maybe just use links instead of flooding the thread with huge images.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I mean at least shot tags...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                Too much human-like wannabe techno - not playful xeno stylie enough!
                Btw. - the 3D work isnt unimpressive at all -
                probably youre only missing decent base conceptions.
                My advise - peoples (and aliens) fit in armors and not armors
                fit around them (too expensive and all - looks very stupid!).
                Last edited by Kaal979; 06-19-2015, 09:12 AM.
                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                  Good point! Is there a forum code for that?
                  It works ...but you can't simply select it from the menu.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

['shot] ['/shot] <=without the '
                  ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Could we get a hold of the internal character concept art for these? I don't believe much has been shown for Thunder Crash especially. It'd be good to get a better understanding of the direction Epic wants to take these so we can design things that are in-keeping with the established aesthetic of each team.

Comment

This is awesome! Thanks for the resources.

Do we have any updates on how to setup+test custom characters ingame yet?
                      3d Artist
                      UT Cosmetic Items |
                      UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

29 extra characters in 3 teams, minus the 3 already in-game; that'd be a dream come true.

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
                        Could we get a hold of the internal character concept art for these? I don't believe much has been shown for Thunder Crash especially. It'd be good to get a better understanding of the direction Epic wants to take these so we can design things that are in-keeping with the established aesthetic of each team.
                        I guess it's just extrapolating ideas from the 3 in-game base characters. Thunder Crash appears to be a thinly plated vest with pants and boots. Necris appears to be nanoblack hardened skin on the torso with little armor, neck/collar tubes, pants and boots. In both cases the pants probably don't need to change that much. Some variations could be made on the vest, attachments, boots, nanoblack skin patches, neck/collar tube layout, and of course different heads. Regardless, the key aesthetic still remains that they should be very lean, right?
                        Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
                          I frankly don't get why Epic isn't making as much of their concept art as possible available continually.

Comment

Maybe the concepts aren't at the stage where they're ready to be shown (like still just rough thumbs and stuff like that). I mean we do have that sticky Necris thread with images of concept variations explored and same goes for Malcolm, though it wasn't posted in this forum as far as I know. I think I saw Malcolm's concept exploration images in the blog of the official site somewhere ages ago, but it's strange how it's not posted in this forum. It would be ideal to have a dedicated thread for Thunder Crash concept exploration, especially for the female.
                            Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Required reading:
                              http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Thunder_Crash
                              http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Necris_Black_Legion

I think each of the characters could have their own unique appearance and personality, if their biographies are kept in mind. And some really need their biographies fleshed out some more to get more distinct personality, which would then translate to more refined character models and bot personalities. Maybe contributing fleshed out descriptions would be something the community could do too?
                              Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                              My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Working...
                              X