• Show
Clear All

pls someone make him!

Comment

bass3
      Your words have long heard Aberiu and he did this:
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that one looks great!! I hope someone models him!

Comment

Just to be clear folks - we're specifically looking for team member variants on the Necris and Thundercrash models that are currently in game.

Simple variants would be material changes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BL01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	565.5 KB
ID:	338554Click image for larger version

Name:	BL04.jpg
Size:	528.7 KB
ID:	338562Click image for larger version

Name:	BL02.jpg
Size:	565.3 KB
ID:	338555Click image for larger version

Name:	BL03.jpg
Size:	541.0 KB
ID:	338556Click image for larger version

Name:	BL07.jpg
Size:	583.8 KB
ID:	338557Click image for larger version

Name:	TC01.jpg
Size:	576.8 KB
ID:	338558Click image for larger version

Name:	TC03.jpg
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	338559Click image for larger version

Name:	TC07.jpg
Size:	585.2 KB
ID:	338560Click image for larger version

Name:	TC08.jpg
Size:	585.1 KB
ID:	338561

Note: these aren't official, they're just examples of simple combinations that could be achieved with different colored pants and helmets.

A better option would be to get some new heads, masks, and helmets (I grabbed some items from the forums and made a couple of my own variants in the above shots).

The best option would be full characters that match the styles of those two teams but have their own unique "personality".
          Last edited by Entropy; 06-29-2015, 02:38 PM.
          Jim Brown
          @EntropicDev
          Epic Games

Comment

Entropy
            You have now on forum is a huge pile of arts, many of which exceed the quality of your own work (Aberiu, Risel, Axis_Zaibot). It's time to start modeling ... Or are you waiting finished models?(XDD)

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
              Just to be clear folks - we're specifically looking for team member variants on the Necris and Thundercrash models that are currently in game.

Simple variants would be material changes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17458[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17464[/ATTACH]

Note: these aren't official, they're just examples of simple combinations that could be achieved with different colored pants and helmets.

A better option would be to get some new heads, masks, and helmets (I grabbed some items from the forums and made a couple of my own variants in the above shots).

The best option would be full characters that match the styles of those two teams but have their own unique "personality".
              Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                Entropy
                You have now on forum is a huge pile of arts, many of which exceed the quality of your own work (Aberiu, Risel, Axis_Zaibot). It's time to start modeling ... Or are you waiting finished models?(XDD)
                Yes Raxis, we want the community to build the character models in the same way they've created incredible weapons, art, and audio all along.
                Jim Brown
                @EntropicDev
                Epic Games

Comment

Hi Jim I have a few questions and concerns regarding this:
                  • Only a minority of artist on the forums actually have access to the latest version of ZBrush which the .ZTL files included are locked to, could we please get exports of these models in a non-proprietary format such as .obj so that people using other modelling software can access these? - This is a major roadblock if you want people to work off of these models.

• Will legs be a separate mesh & material from the torso in the future so we can have the same modularity there as what we have with heads at the moment? Will there be other modularity like different boots or hands etc? I understand that all the functionality and support isn't there for that yet but it would be good to know what some of the long term plans are since at the moment head cosmetics or replacement heads are the only viable things we can prototype.

• Unlike with the Necris it's very unclear what visual direction Epic wants to take Thunder Crash. the only official concept art we've seen are some early black and white spitballs on the January 15th stream and haven't seen any high-resolution images or more final concept art. The current in-game model gives very little indication what the direction is as (and I don't wish to be blunt here) it's more or less just a guy in bright green armor. If there's any more final official concept art for Thunder Crash characters it'd be hugely helpful if we could get our hands on it.
                  Last edited by Mangley; 06-29-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

yes, can we please just get a huge concept art dump, it really feels like we're flying blind here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
                      Hi Jim I have a few questions and concerns regarding this:
                      • Only a minority of artist on the forums actually have access to the latest version of ZBrush which the .ZTL files included are locked to, could we please get exports of these models in a non-proprietary format such as .obj so that people using other modelling software can access these? - This is a major roadblock if you want people to work off of these models.
                      I'll follow up with the art guys and see what we can do here.

• Will legs be a separate mesh & material from the torso in the future so we can have the same modularity there as what we have with heads at the moment? Will there be other modularity like different boots or hands etc? I understand that all the functionality and support isn't there for that yet but it would be good to know what some of the long term plans are since at the moment head cosmetics or replacement heads are the only viable things we can prototype.
                      If you look at the current materials, every thing is set up in material layers... on the Necris for example, there are separate layers for the cloth, the skin, the nanoblack, the straps/buckles, the armor, the tubing, etc. and each of them can be changed independently. I made the red/white tinted armor, the different heads, and the different pants by adjusting a few values and added a couple small base textures (like the different camo patterns on the pants).

• Unlike with the Necris it's very unclear what visual direction Epic wants to take Thunder Crash. the only official concept art we've seen are some early black and white spitballs on the January 15th stream and haven't seen any high-resolution images or more final concept art. The current in-game model gives very little indication what the direction is as (and I don't wish to be blunt here) it's more or less just a guy in bright green armor. If there's any more final official concept art for Thunder Crash characters it'd be hugely helpful if we could get our hands on it.
                      You've seen pretty much everything we have in the way of concept art. You could build some of the pieces from that stream (maybe the beard, hair, or hanging goggles?) and look at previous UT games for inspiration (lower face covered, scars on faces, masks, armor variants). If it helps, I think we looked at people like Nivanh Chanthara and Vitaly Bulgarov as inspiration for the armor sets.
                      Jim Brown
                      @EntropicDev
                      Epic Games

Comment

Would it be possible to get the mesh files in something other than .ZTL? I understand they would probably have to be decimated like crazy since the poly counts are probably through the roof but not everyone uses zbrush. Also a clean humanoid base mesh for both male and female would be an awesome starting point for the community as well. That way everyone is sort of on the same page with regards to scale and the base pose will work right out of the box with the ut animations. I understand if you guys can't release plain old naked malcom but it would be a huge help for newb's as well as an extreme time saver for the vets.
                        Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                        Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

I'll follow up with the art guys and see what we can do here.
                          Thanks!

If you look at the current materials, every thing is set up in material layers... on the Necris for example, there are separate layers for the cloth, the skin, the nanoblack, the straps/buckles, the armor, the tubing, etc. and each of them can be changed independently. I made the red/white tinted armor, the different heads, and the different pants by adjusting a few values and added a couple small base textures (like the different camo patterns on the pants).
                          Ok that's fair enough. Though in the future if people wanted to make separate leg models, for example giving a character a mechanical leg or something, the legs and torso share the same texture at the moment whilst heads use a separate one.

If it helps, I think we looked at people like Nivanh Chanthara and Vitaly Bulgarov as inspiration for the armor sets.
                          Ok thanks, that's more clear now looking up some of their artwork.

It would still be nice to get the full resolution images showed on that stream so we can use them for mockups and paintovers, the blog post for that stream only had thumbnails of the images and not the full-res artwork.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
                          Would it be possible to get the mesh files in something other than .ZTL? I understand they would probably have to be decimated like crazy since the poly counts are probably through the roof but not everyone uses zbrush. Also a clean humanoid base mesh for both male and female would be an awesome starting point for the community as well. That way everyone is sort of on the same page with regards to scale and the base pose will work right out of the box with the ut animations. I understand if you guys can't release plain old naked malcom but it would be a huge help for newb's as well as an extreme time saver for the vets.
                          +1, some male and female character templates would go a long way so that people don't have to scratch-build basic anatomy. You can find some free character templates online but it'd be great if Epic has some we can use.
                          Last edited by Mangley; 06-29-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Here's the Malcolm concepts that I saved a while back when those images were in high res on that blog post.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

There were headshots too but I never saved them. Either way this should be of some help at least. There's quite a few nice ideas here too like those vests, which could be made for another Thunder Crash character. Though I must admit, the head in this concept is quite different to the one on the 3D model. He looks a lot younger on the model compared to here, though I guess Malcolm's age must've reset or something to his mid twenties for this game. I personally prefer Malcolm being much older like a battle worn veteran whose been through so much and won nine Tournaments.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 06-30-2015, 12:09 AM.
                            Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

I don't understand what entropy wants, we already have a thread with skjaar from last year and it hasn't been modeled yet at all, and alot of other good concepts from last year also you just need to find them!

Please make a character from each "species" male and female, then you can focus on cosmetic stuff and variations of characters...

Comment

Im abit upset about the shown characters
                                - where are the cool and weird spaceguys?
                                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
                                X