This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
    Skins, a lot of hats, glasses, masks, hoods ... I really hope that greater priority will you give it a full-fledged characters, rather than the bare frame, which then will be converted to other characters using caps.
    That's the whole point of this thread... We've seen a good bit of concept art, we've released the source files for our characters, and now we'd love to see people build those characters and get them in game.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Comment

Skins, a lot of hats, glasses, masks, hoods ... I really hope that greater priority will you give it a full-fledged characters, rather than the bare frame, which then will be converted to other characters using caps.

In previous parts of UT characters were two or four basic models, which with help of excellent work designers transformed into colorful and memorable characters. I hope that it will be in UT 2015.
      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Judging by this, it may be somewhat similar to UT3 later on. Though so far, it's putting items onto the base character and re-skinning, as opposed to changing parts of the actual base model itself. I notice these cosmetic items seem to tie in with the armour pick-up slots. I assume these are planned to be permanently visible, as opposed to being only visible when you pickup armour from the map. I guess I'll stop speculating for now.
      Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 07-08-2015, 11:27 AM.
      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Tidal Blast
        Remember, my friend, here people hate everything associated with UT 2004.
        But seriously, you need to ask Aberiu and Risel that they somehow began to promote their characters. They are one of the few who like UT 2004.
        Last edited by Raixs; 07-19-2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Tidal Blast
          But seriously, you need to ask Aberiu and Risel that they somehow began to promote their characters. They are one of the few who like UT 2004.
          Shhhhh, number 2004 shall not be spoken here!

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
            Shhhhh, number 2004 shall not be spoken here!
            Oh, I forgot))) That's better: UT MMIV

Comment

Tidal Blast
              I dont. I for one would love to see the Gen Mo'kai and other 2k4 teams return. Except for the Hellions.

Comment

I'd like to contribute.
                Right now specifically, I'd like to do some necris face paint variations.
                Can someone supply me/PM me a bust template with the appropriate maps or something?
                I know I can just do some drawings, but I'd rather present them as variations on the head used in game.
                3D Artist looking for work.

Comment

Originally posted by OMNIETY OMEGA View Post
                  Here's the Malcolm concepts that I saved a while back when those images were in high res on that blog post.

There were headshots too but I never saved them.
                  Headshots: they are still in the blog post, just got to search a while back.
                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                  My Contributions - misc concept art.
                  Taye Skins - Skin Downloads

Comment

Hi guys.
                    I love Unreal Tournament.
                    This new alpha game has outstanding graphics.
                    With new graphics those ugly and angry face necris and skaarj characters leave quite bad impression after game. I hope you will make some beautiful and smiling face characters. Thank you.

Comment

we shall not let this dream die.

also gio geyofa maimunoba

Comment

Sorry for the necropost, but, I had a question.
                        Originally posted by Entropy View Post

We're looking for cosmetic items, skin variants, head variants, or even all new character models that could be part of the existing teams. You're welcome to create your own new characters, or pull from a previous game's roster if you need some inspiration:

THUNDER CRASH (male) Deslok Genghis Jakob Malcolm Othello Picard Riker Skirge Taye
                        BLACK LEGION (male) Cadaver Damian Grail Harbinger Judas Kragoth Leeb Loque Malakai Necroth Pagan Samael Thannis
                        BLACK LEGION (female) Akasha Alanna Arachne Cryss Freylis Kryss Malise Nocturne Raven Vise
                        Wait, wait, wait... Akasha? From Necris? The one that you kill at the end of UT3? Isn't she meant to be dead? Alanna too.

Did the Nanoblack sustain her?

Comment

[MENTION=29563]Graydar[/MENTION]
                          UT4 is a reboot of the franchise. So no one is dead and everyone "can" comeback into the game.

"can" <= because the community has to help and create them.
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Graydar View Post
                            Sorry for the necropost, but, I had a question.

Wait, wait, wait... Akasha? From Necris? The one that you kill at the end of UT3? Isn't she meant to be dead? Alanna too.

Did the Nanoblack sustain her?

Hello Graydar,
                            At this point in development it has not been defined if this game follows the timeline of UT3 or if it's kind of a remake/sequel to UT99.
                            Current Projects
                            Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                            Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
                              Hello Graydar,
                              At this point in development it has not been defined if this game follows the timeline of UT3 or if it's kind of a remake/sequel to UT99.
                              Rick and others have stated this is a reboot.

And Graydar, don't get hungup on the names. They've been the same in every UT for the similar teams even if the actual person has changed.
                              The easy answer is there's more than one person named Akasha.

Comment

Hello everyone! Considering the current dev focus on Thunder Crash and the Necris, wouldn't it be a good idea to expand on TC by adding a female player character to that faction? I'm only asking because I made a few sketches related to the direction I would personally see TC females going in. I wish I could upload the sketches and show them off, as well as try to make the model myself, considering my amateur art style and inexperience with 3d modeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X