No announcement yet.

[Map Builders] Map design and themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to release some concept art of the new Facing World I have been working on soon.

Comment

lol... meh
      Last edited by Chaos8192; 08-21-2014, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Of course. With much more green than in the original Unreal.

It would be great to see the style reiterated in a standalone map but it wouldn't make for a good, general theme like the others that have been suggested. It's much too specific as far as what little we know related to the major setting of UT4.
        Dueling Flak Cannons
        We see the shells falling
        Together, we die

Comment

AS-MotherShip I didn't really like that map lol, I confused on where to go, but I won't mind fighting in space again xD.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
            I'm just going to rework a old map with good amount of art and design, hopefully it will make the game.
            As far as I know, they aren't going to prevent maps from being in the game, so if you make it, you can play it in the game like all UT's before. If you're referring to getting lucky enough to be included with the game in a v1.00 release, then good luck to you.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

There was a lot of promotional material, I recall, for 2k4 that showed off the space fighting, and it only ended up being in that one map. I was hoping for an ONS space map... .

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                AS-MotherShip I didn't really like that map lol, I confused on where to go, but I won't mind fighting in space again xD.
                I didn't like it either. They used one wall texture and very blocky geometry, and tried to cover it up with bright green static meshes. It didn't feel alien at all.
                Then again, many of UT2004's assault maps looked like they had been made in a hurry, AS_Mothership was just the one that fell the furthest from what could've been.

Comment

Working...
                X