Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Crash View Post
    AS-MotherShip I didn't really like that map lol, I confused on where to go, but I won't mind fighting in space again xD.
    I didn't like it either. They used one wall texture and very blocky geometry, and tried to cover it up with bright green static meshes. It didn't feel alien at all.
    Then again, many of UT2004's assault maps looked like they had been made in a hurry, AS_Mothership was just the one that fell the furthest from what could've been.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was a lot of promotional material, I recall, for 2k4 that showed off the space fighting, and it only ended up being in that one map. I was hoping for an ONS space map... .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crash View Post
    I'm just going to rework a old map with good amount of art and design, hopefully it will make the game.
    As far as I know, they aren't going to prevent maps from being in the game, so if you make it, you can play it in the game like all UT's before. If you're referring to getting lucky enough to be included with the game in a v1.00 release, then good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AS-MotherShip I didn't really like that map lol, I confused on where to go, but I won't mind fighting in space again xD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Of course. With much more green than in the original Unreal.

It would be great to see the style reiterated in a standalone map but it wouldn't make for a good, general theme like the others that have been suggested. It's much too specific as far as what little we know related to the major setting of UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol... meh
    Last edited by Chaos8192; 08-21-2014, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am going to release some concept art of the new Facing World I have been working on soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While having coherent art style for UT would be nice, we all may forget it. Be realistic guys, this game is community driven, there is no way to stop certain styles from being made.

That said, we could do list of desired art styles and create great sets of meshes textures and sounds for those environments. This is our only hope to have somewhat coherent art style, if we don't do it now masses will do anything imaginable in few months.
    So I strongly suggest list or pool for most desired styles and creating them in time frame of 2 months or so, else UT will be full of acid mushrooms and blocky boxes.

For me best to start would be SciFi and cyberpunk,
    for emo part of community mechanic - organic Gieger.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as environment goes...I'd like to see more techno/fantasy themes. Simply using the type of lighting that Tron uses for their suits/buildings etc...(new tron not the old one so much). Google search light tape and you will see what I mean. I think a lot could be done with this kind of lighting/accents for architecture. I know this was somewhat done with the techno/Egyptian themes in UT2003/4 but someone more sci-fi/techno feel would be great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheesebuckets

I think we should also look at having mutable maps, not as in mutator (although that's kinda a cool idea). but what about a map which re-configures it's own layout every game?

Or having changes that players can inflict, I keep getting this image of a taller version of deck 16, where the cross-platforms in the central arena are held up by huge statues. Someone lets off a huge explosion that tears parts of the statues away, these bits rain merry death down onto people on the lower levels. Imaging shooting at a PC and missing but hitting the right arm of a statue and having part of it fracture and drop off and kill someone? Narrator: Accidental KILL!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'd like to see one or two Tron - like maps in the final game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am more for hybrid themes with lots of variety. Liandri was a mining company that shifted gears into the tournaments, and i think in my eyes that changed alot of the world around them. Here's some ideas.

DM-Dumping-Grounds: A dense forest overgrowing a small mining operation that has now been turned into a dumping ground for destroyed equipment, vehicles, and even entire space craft. Lots of variety in combat conditions with tight mining veins, a giant open clearing surrounded by smaller ambush spots, dense forests where anyone can sneak up on you. You have your very vivid greens and a bright blue sky, but with huge amounts of destruction, black billowing smoke, and rusted metals.

DM-Docked-and-Loaded: A sea freighter crashed into a abandoned dock. You have your giant ship with cargo containers, smaller vessels, and the dock creating a haphazard array of external walkways. The freighter is on one side with a small loading area on the other containing a tight grouping of shipping containers. A darker level with the two glowing moons and a set of giant moving searchlights to light the level lends itself to patients as well as stealth. Brightly colored shipping containers line the water and the docks and give a pop of color in an otherwise drab landscape.

DM-Scavenge: The sight of a huge battle now converted into a scavenging ground. The level is multilayer and constructed out of the remnants of destroyed ships. The construction of these ships range from a luxury transport ship with sweeping staircases to a prisoner holding station filled with blood riddled cells and interrogation chambers. One area may be bright and colorful well the next nitty gritty. Tons of versatility and assault points makes it perfect for any kind of play style.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm working on both a Castle-esque but also a futuristic lab type maps at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to see some vibrant, very colourful ultra tech theme with lots of glowing stuff as one of the themes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm just going to rework a old map with good amount of art and design, hopefully it will make the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X