• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nice picture there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll post random renders as I finish them for anyone interested.
    This texture has slightly saturated clouds to help blend them in with custom colors. I recommend using a hueshift node.
    Adding some custom expressions to control brightness, contrast and black level add even more customization.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q...ew?usp=sharing

Here's the sphere I use with it. It has highly tessellated poles to help minimize visible seams but the polys cull as they move away from the poles. I forget how many polys but it's not too many.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by King Mango; 10-26-2015, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was thinking much of that however I'm lazy. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by halfblocked View Post
    Here is a new video of what i'm thinking:
    Some criticism I have (friendly criticism!) is that the planet is primarily blue, so it really should be behind the blue base. In my Face experiment, I put the biggest portion of the visible planetary rings behind the red base, and made them a reddish colour, and the planet itself is mostly behind the blue base. Other nebulae and galaxies are put in either neutral or teamed sky positions based on their colours. The idea (even with a spinning map) is that you want the player to ALWAYS know where they are no matter where they are looking.

Other than that, is I would suggest moving the light source to a SLIGHTLY more neutral angle. In my example, I used the big galaxy as the light source for the map, and bumped up the skylight intensity. The planet's natural blue colour casts an awesome ambient light, and the primary source of light can be a warmer colour. If the blue base is in shadow, it will pick up the blue ambient, and the red base will receive the warmer direct light.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by halfblocked View Post
    Here is a new video of what i'm thinking
    The placement works super well in this one, but I'm not so much a fan of the blackness on the other side of the map, it feels a bit unbalanced, you'd need something interesting to look at on the other side too or it's gonna look a bit boring for one team

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    I said this in another thread, but if you spin the skybox so that the axis of rotation is the same as the directional light's vector, you will have justifiable static lighting. Also, you will need to ajust the skybox materials to be unlit in order to prevent the strange colour shift you see in that video.
    Here is a new video of what i'm thinking:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried it that way, it doesn't feel right at all. Im thinking the fix is to simply have a new earth that's a bit further away and has a static mesh aura but setup the map to rotate with the focal point of the sun, This way if done right the sun is the center point of the spin keeping lighting intact and the perspective matches the original facing worlds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rick Kohler View Post
    Am wondering if you tried spinning the skybox around you (as opposed to up and over) if it would give you the illusion that the level (not the sky) is spinning. The planet would then still work where it is.
    I said this in another thread, but if you spin the skybox so that the axis of rotation is the same as the directional light's vector, you will have justifiable static lighting. Also, you will need to ajust the skybox materials to be unlit in order to prevent the strange colour shift you see in that video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Am wondering if you tried spinning the skybox around you (as opposed to up and over) if it would give you the illusion that the level (not the sky) is spinning. The planet would then still work where it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    So yeah, keep in mind this was like 45 minutes of just playing around.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I was actually doing similar testing on Face, Here's what i did:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd say the best way to add rain is a map-wide emitter that spawned streaky raindrops. Electrical storms are a bit more complicated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want a skybox like this....

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know this might not be right thread, but I already like one of skyboxes I used, but I wanted to add rain, I can't find good tutorial on how to add rain and thunder into a game, also create a small water leak from rooftop.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love it Kazeo! Looks absolutely amazing, and yes if you look at a nebula with the naked eye it looks nothing like that, but as you pointed out, this is Unreal.Give me all the spectrum ingame not just VISIBLE ones that would be boring, give me UN-REAL any day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, That is the visible SPECTRUM, I do believe the nebula is QUITE dim in terms of actual light intensity... Regardless: Unreal=fantasy=MAKE AWESOME SPACE CLOUDS as far as I'm concerned!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X