X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow then it is possible, I hope someone dares

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post

Guy who made this said it took him 116 hours. But hes going to be putting his code on github freely available. https://github.com/Xaklse

Looks like it doesnt work on 4.8.
      Well, this code has to be modified a lot: it's not still "perfect", I have to say. But it's a proof to show that this map it's quite doable. Maybe, the usage of both physics and portals could be a good direction.

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
        Looking forward to see how this concept evolves. Amazing idea and hopefully it is possible after all... In Xonotic it could have been done with so called warpzones (invisable teleporter surfaces)

The positive thing is that you don't have to change the gravity at all. Only the angle and position of those invisable teleporters.
        Does it work for projectiles and missiles? What should happen if someone shoots above (him/her)self?

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
          Does it work for projectiles and missiles? What should happen if someone shoots above (him/her)self?
          Play Prey if you want to find out
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I never played it, but I know that there are a lot of cool things featured in that game!

By the way, I would put the sniper rifles on the middle part of the path/map, since if there had been that weapon in the bases it would have been a disaster: people can shoot each other staying in the base, without moving, aiming to the top (where the enemy base is located)! It would have also caused spawn-kills and other annoying things...

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Well... adding roofs is solution? Without them hitscan will alway be OP on that kind of map.

Comment

A sort of hangar as base could be nice, but adding roofs in the other zones would have completely lost the most important feature of the map: odd gravity. You can't notice the fact that someone is actually moving over your head if there are roofs or corridors that obstruct the view in the surface zones of the path.

To solve the OP of the hitscan weapons, I would put their spawners in the middle of the map, which is a "neutral point", based on a sort of station with a roof (if someone picks up the sniper rifle in the middle zone WITHOUT A CERTAIN KIND OF ROOF, their will kill everyone in the opposite base, campering there). Then I would add really short underground corridors linked with the middle point (they could work as trenches covered from the top).

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

But team controlling sniper rifle spawn would still dominate map. Unless some obstacles are created. Also shock rifle, stinger and even enforcer might be problematic. I believe that balance of roofed and open spaces can be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by mich.k.ro View Post
                    Maybe if you rotate this 90 degrees counter clockwise you can make this playable? Both flags would be at the top sideways...you could build ways to get up each side!
                    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X