Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to concept the environment for DM-Deep? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Anyone want to concept the environment for DM-Deep? :)

I have a somewhat rough idea what I'd like the environment for deep to look like, but I'm interested to see what the community might cook up. I'll be sure to give credit to everyone who posts a concept.

The map is named DM-Deep - or Deep Ruins. It's based heavily on ancient mesoamerican architecture (mayan/aztec etc). The map is going to be Ancient ruins on a lake, and in the distance will be giant waterfalls and temples. I'm also hoping to add some UT elements such as Nali statues, or Nali hieroglyphs - but that's more for the interior of the map.

I've ended up making the watch tower the real centerpiece of the map. Perhaps that could be factored into the design somehow?

Various images found on google search:

Ignore the brick building in this first picture. The waterfall is the important part.

And here are some lighting versions of the map. Note: I will be changing the rope bridge into a stone bridge to better fit the theme (abandoned ancient site for thousands of years).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
    Last edited by Neilz0r; 12-09-2015, 04:10 AM.
    Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

I like the style of this map. I would have suggested Machu Picchu if you had not posted it as last image.

About Nali statues, try to take a look at this: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ght=nali+model

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Yo Yo.

I gave it shot tonight... I feel like it could be pushed further, but I am too tired now. -_-

Cheers!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
      Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
        Yo Yo.

I gave it shot tonight... I feel like it could be pushed further, but I am too tired now. -_-

Cheers!

That's siiiiick!!! Thank you so much. This is going to be great! I like how you changed the temples into something completely different looking.
        Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Why is that everytime Gooba posts a concept art, I'm mindblown. It's like you can read people's minds and make the picture people wanted to make but couldn't make because they don't have the talent to do it. ^^

Also have big appreciation towards CaptainMigraine's mapping skills. Deep is turning out really great. <3
          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 12-10-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Reminds me of one of my favorite UT3 maps (gameplay wise). VCTF-Andromeda
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxVrjkPPetg
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
              Yo Yo.

Cheers!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
              Wow, it look fabulous !!!
              Stevie's corner
              My UT4 maps
              Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
              X