No announcement yet.

Deck 16 (with ship)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha hereisiarch im not learned enough to know what that is.

question for all: the goo below thr shield is punishing enough without reducing health, what do tou think? I think deck would retain the same high skill ceiling but be more friendly and inviting to less coordinated players if thr goo, in this case water, didnt kill you.... Youre enough of a target as it is, with some noise giving off your location . Wont really impact my efforts here, just a thought.
    Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
    www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

This is the sniper ramp area, whch would be another ramp onto the ship. Cover would be afforded by some crates stacked on the ramp. Probably more than this as the good thing about deck is people can dissapear fairly easily, so it would have to be complete cover.

Proportions arent measured, textures and colous are just on the fly, not to be taken as a proposed aesthetic. these are just to illustate how the concept could play out.

Attached Files
      www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Also it would be cool, if the ship would go up and down on the water waves. Obviously not a good idea for a competitive map, but it would (in my view) give it great depth and make it memorable.

Comment

You know i was thinking about this. Perhaos just a small abount, so that it wouldnt really be noticable until you tried to headshot someone. It would cetainly make it harder for the guys who like to grab amp, head up top and own the map. Which to me has always seemed like a rotten thing to do when youre the best player on there anyway... Anyways.... think this can be exploited too much and it would be nice if it was harder to do.
          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Ali, this is very exciting. Although you claim the aesthetic and coloring isn't worked out, I love how it seems so definitive and cohesive. This could be a classic so I hope you follow through. I think the boat bobbing a bit is a great idea and maybe a smaller punishment for the water? It looks like you are thinking of another entrance to the ship underwater?

Anyhow, terrific idea, thanks for your work.
            My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

I find the Idea with the Space Ship better sorry

Comment

I hope Epic considers this amazing and original concept!

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                  I hope Epic considers this amazing and original concept!
                  wasnt it an epic employee who did the original concept art with spaceship docked at deck
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

yes I think it was an Epic employee, and this proposal is much better than as a boring ship
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Frostbite83; 07-02-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

even though this map is a dog and plays bad holly **** christ that paintover looks terrific <3 i wish that was general direction of level design in ut (of course needs to be illumianted tho xd)

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Dark View Post
                        This is just for fun, ill be expanding this concept that was sparked in another thread...

Im not the best concept artist but ill give this a shot in a few posts here. Hopefully you mappers find something useful.

deck would work well with a ship at the top of the ramps... Ill make a few drawings detailing how it could work. This one is an overview.
                        This Idea is really cool I like it.
                        Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                        Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

The lifts area. the lifts and platform are made up of three platforms, the middle one being stuck high. I only drew one in here.

The proportions are a bit out... Seeing as comments are mostly positive ill start referencing the actual level and not work from my head.

Yes chris the idea was sparked by that thread. However i think the concept here makes sense. Hopefully when i get to the stage of doind some better artwork, itll look as cool as well. Stay tuned.

Attached Files
                          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

This is one more of a paintover, looking at how things would work while maintaining the gameplay of the current deck test.

Im realising how limited this app is for conceprt art but its nice to be able to draw directly on the screen.

The crane that holds up the sniper platform could be start from the crate next to health.

the ship is meant to curve inwards as it goes down, leaving a space between the lower platform and the ship wall. Not sure how this would work exactly with current gameplay. Probably a fence next to the platform, like on the other side.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by the_hack; 07-05-2016, 07:27 AM. Reason: Update picture
                            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

The flak pit. Also off the top of my head / not a paintover.

if the water is going to be punishing enough, it might be interesting to fall down the few meters and have to swim under and pop up under shield.
                              Attached Files
                              www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Maybe it's too early to say it, but I think a normal ship would be quite unoriginal. I don't mean the idea of a ship in this map is boring; as a matter of fact I really love this idea. But, I'd like to see this concept of a traditional ship developed alongside sci-fi elements (like an old port in the future).

For instace: this is a special ship designed to don't melt in the lava... as well as the port itself.
                                Last edited by rapfamily4; 07-09-2016, 11:51 AM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X