Deck 16 (with ship)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
    Maybe it's too early to say it, but I think a normal ship would be quite unoriginal. I don't mean the idea of a ship in this map is boring; as a matter of fact I really love this idea. But, I'd like to see this concept of a traditional ship developed alongside sci-fi elements (like an old port in the future).

For instace: this is a special ship designed to don't melt in the lava... as well as the port itself.
    But what about DM-Galleon in UT 99 then ? D:

Comment

I actually consider that a fantasy-themed map. I don't know... xD

Anyway, the question I wanted to ask is: "How would have been an old port in the future?".

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Love the ship concept (and more than the space ship above).

Comment

I actually consider that a fantasy-themed map. I don't know... xD

Anyway, the question I wanted to ask is: "How would have been an old port in the future?".
          tes, totally.the future will incorporate some hisotircal elements such as a dock, but littered with hints to the era. Perhaps an old dock built up with more modern stuff, or some advanced futuristic tools.... Not really sure.

I really don't like pure futurism such as the deck concept chris posted above, not to seem jealous of the excellent work, but i think a mix of future and past is more interesting.

The idea of a traditional ship works to me beacuase it fits with the idea of the wharf/ dock. A space ship could well be lowerd ro the level of a dock and this might work very well, providing that mix of past and future. Next sketches will incorporate this idea.
          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

This is exactly what I was saying! I'm happy to see you think the same!

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

What about having more than one version of a map playable? It creates variety but it is still the same very good playable map!

Comment

I love these design concepts presented by Ali Dark! (Except for that one with lava; I like the color it adds, but it doesn't realistically go well with wood.)

Also +1 in favor of removing those slanted hallway walls which are difficult to dodge off of.

Not all civilizations are as advanced, maybe Liandri ""borrowed"" a ship that was built by nali/krall, and repurposed it for perpetual bloodshed.

Comment

Originally posted by Envarion View Post
                  Not all civilizations are as advanced, maybe Liandri ""borrowed"" a ship that was built by nali/krall, and repurposed it for perpetual bloodshed.
                  Nice interpretation!

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

This idea is so obvious that I'm surprised nobody (myself included) came up with that yet.
                    Though something feels lacking yet. I think it would benefit from some fantastic aspect to it.

What about blending scifi with classical ship architecture and functionality by making it a highly advanced metal sailing ship (justified by strong winds with static direction on that planet maybe?).
                    And as for the liquid, water might be too boring.
                    For the record, we've had toxic goo thrice now in Unreal, UT and UT3 and a lava version in UT2004. Why not add another element into the pool of Decks this time:
                    How about having this harbour and ship be located in a sea of very dense liquid nitrogen?
                    This would create a very interesting atmosphere (cold fog near the liquid, frozen walls on lower levels but sunshine and strong winds throwing cloths around on the upper levels) and a rare blending of old ship architecture with sci fi and introduce a new element into the remake series of Decks. Not to mention, if someone bothers to program and animate freeze deaths with breaking player models, this could make for spectacular deaths!

Just throwing some ideas in. Doesn't have to make that much sense, but it got to be interesting after all. This is a game in the Unreal setting, unreal settings are never wrong!
                    Last edited by Sly.; 08-03-2016, 01:16 PM.
                    S l y .

Comment

As per sky's idea for nitrogen. Luckily still had all the layers so just a few hue/sat tweaks. Bit too dark overall tho. Ps have stopped working on this, anyone free to take over and make something based on the concept. Hope they go with slys vision in the previous post. The nitrogen sea will enough to make it unreal... the impication o the an old deck and ship would be that a culture at a similar level of development to ours, Had experienced an environmental meltdown. So perhaps it could all look very cold and deserted.

Probably the scenne would look nice if lit by a dusk or sunset, so quite nice above but dismal below.
                      Attached Files
                      Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                      www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

I like it, great idea.
                        Join the community Facebook page
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                          For the record, we've had toxic goo thrice now in Unreal, UT and UT3 and a lava version in UT2004. Why not add another element into the pool of Decks this time:
                          How about having this harbour and ship be located in a sea of very dense liquid nitrogen?
                          Nice ideas!
                          Now I have a hard time convincing myself to continue the work on the goo pool of my Deck...
                          Never really a big fan of the green goo but thought it was something kinda iconic to this map.

[MENTION=20870]Ali Dark[/MENTION],

Very cool concept! I like the idea of mixing old stuff with future elements. This should be a standard approach for many designs in this game.
                          [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

All really nice artwork. Just some thoughts: I do not really like the ropes anchoring the walkways (e.g. in the image just above). With Deck, I always really liked that you could do crazy boot jumps in the main hall and open lines of sight through the hall. Btw, to me Deck 16 has to have some SciFi aura, e.g. like the hangar of a Star Wars star destroyer, but just my personal feelings

Comment

The ship idea is really interesting for a Deck map. I can see various cargo being added on the level and the aesthetic could be similar to an industrial ship, with cranes and so forth. The main area being the hangar bay inside and then merge the futuristic sci
                              Attached Files
                              Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Dark View Post
                                This is just for fun, ill be expanding this concept that was sparked in another thread...

Im not the best concept artist but ill give this a shot in a few posts here. Hopefully you mappers find something useful.

deck would work well with a ship at the top of the ramps... Ill make a few drawings detailing how it could work. This one is an overview. https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...id=29989&stc=1

Everything makes sense now. While I like the idea of playing on a deck of a giant spaceship, none of the Deck maps really look like they're located inside a spaceship. This is just perfect.
                                Last edited by Ormu; 11-24-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X