Deck 16 (with ship)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck 16 (with ship)

EDIT: 18/01/2018- Work on the shell has begin: https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content/284-DM-HacksDeck

This is just for fun, ill be expanding this concept that was sparked in another thread...

Im not the best concept artist but ill give this a shot in a few posts here. Hopefully you mappers find something useful.

deck would work well with a ship at the top of the ramps... Ill make a few drawings detailing how it could work. This one is an overview.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by the_hack; 01-17-2018, 06:18 PM.
    Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
    www.shockandrockets.com

That's such a great idea, that I've had the "awe" moment! Would love to see this pushed on and made

Comment

Now that's a really nice take on Deck, very original
      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Haha, that makes so much sense it hurts to think about it having seen Deck in this industrial theme facility for so long.

Comment

looks interesting

Comment

Interesting take.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Very! That is a really cool idea!
              Stacey Conley
              -----------------------------
              Unreal Tournament Community Manager
              Epic Games, Inc.
              Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Another angle on the main area.

Exploring how the sniper platform could work as a detached elevated platform a few feet from the ship deck, how the crane elevating the platform and a few stacked crates could make that back wall separating the upper shock area from the link area, how upper shock area would lead into the the bio/flak corridor (inside the ship).

Trying to design a layout that will maintain current gameplay... not really fussed on lighting specifics just painting as i go. I'm thinking a rusty old dock but a spacey ship might provide nice contrast.

Using procreate on ipad if anyone's curious.

Attached Files
                www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

I love the idea!
                  Win 10
                  iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                  DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                  2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

VERY interesting twist! Actually, since the model size and dodge distance increase, DeckTest feels a bit too cramped here and there so someone might as well take this and scale it properly!

Comment

Thanks for your positive feedback. I'll make more sketches that detail how I think the concept would extend to each corner of the map, hopefully once I've done that a talented mapper will be interested. I'm learning how to use an app at the same time as learning how to paint (a peripheral skill), so bear with me in terms of quality I might make future pics more sketchy and so a couple of main atmospheric paintings later.

One thing I'm thinking is RE the goo - I'm not sure actual goo would work too well with this concept - I'm thinking a boiling, steaming sea on a dying planet - if visually it could seem dangerous - steam would help - think it would work instead of goo.

PS I hate deck as much as the next player, it's funny that I'm getting ideas for it. I mean deck is a great map, it takes so much skill though.
                      Last edited by the_hack; 07-01-2016, 08:19 PM.
                      www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Looking up from near boots. The warf is supported buy deep wooden beams that are visible to quite a depth. Lava is visible far below the surface and surface water steams, posibly creating some visibility obstructions for people below.

Attached Files
                        www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Probably the single most innovative remake so far !
                          RASTE IN PEACE !
                          Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                          Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

The link area , pretty straightforward. The idea is that the rockets area is the edge of a warehouse, mostly inaccessible due to stacked crates.

Attached Files
                            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Ha, cool idea. Maybe Koo's Galleon could make an appearance here?

Comment

Working...
                              X