Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_Porksword View Post
    Just some thought on my end for potential low gravity environments!
    -=-=-=-
    Below is a map I started to work on in UT3 which I thought was a cool concept.
    It's an asteroid field buried within a dense nebula. The primary light source is from a nearby star which makes the fog above the map glow yellowish creating the primary light source for the map. The original map was intended for the Warfare gametype.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3788[/ATTACH]

I never finished it in UT3 due to not enough free time and the flying vehicles just didn't behave the way I wanted them too. I'm hoping the flying vehicles in UT4 will be a bit more agile which will suit this map much better.
    IMO heavy fog doesn't get used enough these days and I think this concept fits a heavy fog environment quite nicely.
    -=-=-=-=-
    Second one is a picture that will be the basis of my first UT4 map. This is what I will work on to learn the new engine. Hopefully it'll turn out something like what you see there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3789[/ATTACH]

The artist has given me permission to try and remake his artistry in the new engine.
    Map will be low grav with the use of teleporters(those walls with glowing writing) and jump pads.

FYI - Here's the official link to the pic: http://ellixus.deviantart.com/art/Lo...mory-409016614

The last picture would make for an interesting map design.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The third picture remind me CTF-ArahanCrown from UT3 ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_Porksword View Post
    It's an asteroid field buried within a dense nebula. The primary light source is from a nearby star...
    It's an awesome concept. Your description reminded me of some of my old work which followed the same idea, but just for the skybox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	466.2 KB
ID:	328764

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	328765

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heh, the first pictures are pretty much XMP-Freefall, and the last picture is pretty much Na Pali Haven. Though the gravity was normal in Na Pali Haven.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [CONCEPT ART] Space enviroment

Space enviroment

Just some thought on my end for potential low gravity environments!
    -=-=-=-
    Below is a map I started to work on in UT3 which I thought was a cool concept.
    It's an asteroid field buried within a dense nebula. The primary light source is from a nearby star which makes the fog above the map glow yellowish creating the primary light source for the map. The original map was intended for the Warfare gametype.

Name:	Des00.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	352533

Name:	Des01.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	352534

I never finished it in UT3 due to not enough free time and the flying vehicles just didn't behave the way I wanted them too. I'm hoping the flying vehicles in UT4 will be a bit more agile which will suit this map much better.
    IMO heavy fog doesn't get used enough these days and I think this concept fits a heavy fog environment quite nicely.
    -=-=-=-=-
    Second one is a picture that will be the basis of my first UT4 map. This is what I will work on to learn the new engine. Hopefully it'll turn out something like what you see there.

Name:	lost_to_memory_by_ellixus-d6rin8m.jpg
Size:	671.6 KB
ID:	352535

The artist has given me permission to try and remake his artistry in the new engine.
    Map will be low grav with the use of teleporters(those walls with glowing writing) and jump pads.

FYI - Here's the official link to the pic: http://ellixus.deviantart.com/art/Lo...mory-409016614
    Last edited by Lord_Porksword; 05-26-2014, 12:12 AM.
Working...
X