Unreal Tournament (1999) Environment Style Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [EPIC] Rick Kohler View Post
    A cyberpunk themed map is something we talk a lot about.
    omg do it! That would be dope. I remember gooba tried to do something like that and it looked dope. Cyberpunk ctf....
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I wouldn't mind cyberpunk themed one if it would work as fitting extension of the original style breakdown.
      Unofficial Enforcer Model
      Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I guess the issue with cyberpunk is visual clarity, as always. This might be the reason why no one ventured there already. DM-Hydraulics will have a tiny bit of the post-modern mechanical feel, but not enough to be called cyberpunk. Maybe a map with a revamped style from Factory or Turbines could work
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

What is a cyberpunk themed map?

I'm afraid of it meaning Hong Kong with flying cars. (Looking at you, UT99.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
            What is a cyberpunk themed map?
            Well, cyberpunk is usually a sci-fi environment style where technology is omni-present and overly abundant (embedded in humans if possible). The atmosphere is quite dark and usually represents the dark future of human kind that has been devoured by the over-use of technology. The environment is usually quite hostile and polluted somehow. You also get high contrast lights as everything is dark except big ad signs and such. Here are a couple of examples:

Attached Files
            Last edited by Raste; 05-09-2016, 02:42 AM.
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

To resume, cyberpunk=post-industrial dystopia ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                To resume, cyberpunk=post-industrial dystopia ?
                With a lot of sci-fi tech, yes
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Graydar View Post
                  Do we want to focus the maps on these 6 categories? Some of the most memorable maps from UT2k4 didn't fit into those categories and the creation of a varied amount of assets for use in community maps might help a bit.
                  Not Necessarily, you can take a look here for some ideas https://www.pinterest.com/pin/352477108308288753/ (you might need to signup to view most of the unreal concept stuff of the past in there). There is Victorian styled concept in there i believe...sort of and a jungle type environment (not much tech there). It also covers most of the categories.

Worth a look if nothing else to spark something and perhaps get something going of your own.

Main page of the site to look at the other stuff in there: https://www.pinterest.com/xankriegr/liandri-museum/
                  Last edited by Berg; 05-09-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X