No announcement yet.

Respawner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the respanw effects should stay the way the were in previous UT games. A player is spawned and at the same time, a spawn-in effect plays. Spawn locations shouldn't have visual markers and there shouldn't be any pre-spawn effects, both of which may encourage camping.
    Particularly marked spawn locations would be sort-of restrictive. Just remember that there are game modes like TAM and power-ups like the Relic of Redemption that ignore predefined spawn locations. Would be quite unsatisfactory to actually see that they ignore that. Without visible spawn location markers, players just happen to spawn at a different spot than usual.

For the actual spawn-in effect I'm totally open. Just make sure you recognize that spawning is an instant thing. You can (and must) be able to move and shoot immediately to join the action, otherwise you will experience yet another respawn.
    <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
    <TNSe> nono
    <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
    <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
    <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
    <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Working...
    X