Environment objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Environment objects

I'll be posting all my models and concepts for environment objects here.

First off, an idea for a item pickup base. Just thinking it would be good to have a universal look for all pickups where the item is the focus rather than the base.

Perhaps other light combinations could work too.

3d Artist
    UT Cosmetic Items |
    UT Cybernetic Build

I'll say, I like the idea here that they are bolted down. Gives the impression that they were installed (in the process of turning the space into a fighting arena) and that there might be wiring below that accounts for the lights and technology on top.

Might not work in all environments but I'll bet there's a solution there as well.

Comment

Will it be possible to place pickups without the base, and also to have them fixed? There were a few community maps for UT99 that made creative use level architecture and fixed weapons.

Comment

Some item ideas and quick concepts for pickup bases.

Next I'll be concepting some function ideas for pickup bases, like the first one I put up.
        Some kind of indicator to distinguish between an active and inactive pickup base.
        3d Artist
        UT Cosmetic Items |
        UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

update, pickup base functions

3d Artist
          UT Cosmetic Items |
          UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Sweet. I kind of like that square design there.
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

1st and 2nd amp are winners! Combined with the square base. The 6th amp kinda looks like a deer head

2nd invis fits 1st amp. So if I had to chose: #1 amp, #2 invis on square bases )

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                The first when the Udamage appears/is on the map and the second when you take it, just a little animation like this. I don't know if you know what I want to say ^_^

Comment

I agree. Top left and centre get my vote.

Comment

Small test to see a possible active/inactive pickup base.

3d Artist
                    UT Cosmetic Items |
                    UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Cool, I like the moving parts idea!

For the UDamage, I do actually like the 6th variety, looks properly alien. But, well, the UDamage is actually a stylised Skaarj Razik, those blades should be sharp. I'd rather see a slimmer, longer variety of it.
                      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see the basic shape of the damage amp to stay as close to the original Skaarj emblem as possible.

I like the orbital effect in the first one though.

Comment

Yeap, that's what I was talking about, too.
                          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Agree, I'm trying to stay as close as possible to the Damage Amp we all know.

Gonna leave those for now, I'm moving on to making health items and ideas on how they should be placed in the environment.
                            3d Artist
                            UT Cosmetic Items |
                            UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                              Small test to see a possible active/inactive pickup base.

This is absolutely amazing Great work!
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                              X