Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks!

I'm finishing up this thread with my final pickup base concept.

and some basic props...

Going to be focusing on characters now. I hope I got my ideas across!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
    For the last piece, a small idea for the health pickup model. Simliar, but slight difference to distinguish effect.

Absolutely love that !!!! looks awesome!!

Small test to see a possible active/inactive pickup base.

that is so kool... these assets are looking really good love the animation!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just posting to say that i'm impressed with danpaz3d 's work.
    I love the moving parts, i wonder how far it can inspire you to make more moving parts into maps whether for items or something else.
    I also love the first 2 pics, may be i'd like to see the pick up base for the damage amp have the same color as the damage amp itself but quite honestly i don't even deserve to criticize.
    Good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the comments all.

Yeah, the #1 enviro paintover was a VERY experimental thing. Just to see how colored floors would look.

I spent much more time on #2 paintover. The main idea I wanted to get across was to enhance the industrial look. This included highlighting wires, scratches and grime to areas with movement and weathering on the outdoor surfaces (water stains etc..). Also, adding lights to the bottom of walls where players can go. (I noticed the original didn't have lights on the lower floor). I did like the original though, but it just seemed too 'space station' to me. I'd prefer to see that look in maps like DM-Hyperblast or DM-Zeto.

@GreatEmerald I think the health pack idea could work. I'd like to see some similarity across all health pickups (while still looking different).

The main idea I'm trying to get across with pickups/pickup bases, is that they're placed in an environment turned into an arena. So they should all work the same and have similar bases, and all the pickups should look different (but it all looks like it's made from the same manufacturer).

I'll put my final idea together for pickup bases. After that I'll be moving onto environment props.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vials: That makes no sense, because vials don't have any bases. They float in the air, and disappear when you touch them.
    Health pickups: 20 HP looks fine, albeit too abstract, while 100 HP is too similar to the 20 HP one (they should be very different in looks, one doesn't transform into the other).
    Paintover #2 is very nice. Though the orange is a bit too saturated... Maybe brown would work better. Meanwhile #1 is "ow my eyes, and why am I standing in lava?"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Big post of some stuff I've done recently

First up is a function concept for a health vial.

Next, I did some paint overs of the concept posted last week.

and for those interesed, here's a 'blank canvas' which I put together quickly.

That's really good. You brought the necessary corrections. I know some people argued the floors and walls were too similar and hard to distinguish from each other.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vial idea: awesome.

Health pack idea: AWESOME.

#2 concept art paintover: OMFG SOMEBODY GET THE PADDLES READY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the last piece, a small idea for the health pickup model. Simliar, but slight difference to distinguish effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Big post of some stuff I've done recently

First up is a function concept for a health vial.

Next, I did some paint overs of the concept posted last week.

and for those interesed, here's a 'blank canvas' which I put together quickly.

Leave a comment:

• replied

This is absolutely amazing Great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Agree, I'm trying to stay as close as possible to the Damage Amp we all know.

Gonna leave those for now, I'm moving on to making health items and ideas on how they should be placed in the environment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeap, that's what I was talking about, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, I'd like to see the basic shape of the damage amp to stay as close to the original Skaarj emblem as possible.

I like the orbital effect in the first one though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, I like the moving parts idea!

For the UDamage, I do actually like the 6th variety, looks properly alien. But, well, the UDamage is actually a stylised Skaarj Razik, those blades should be sharp. I'd rather see a slimmer, longer variety of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X