CTF - Flag Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF - Flag Concept

Thought I would try a concept of a new CTF flag design, tried to take the more high tech glowy translucent holographic banner approach.

This concept was made by jayoplus. Moved it up here for a better visual.

Last edited by Esula; 07-14-2014, 12:15 AM.
    [Concept] Impact Hammer: Alternative Fire
    [Concept] Game Mode: Infiltration

Really nice !
    I want this Flag !
    Can you just remove the U logo or remplace it by a sphere like in UT3 ?
    Only a suggestion

Comment

Yeah, we don't even know what the official logo of the game will be yet.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I really like the flag. Using one of the original team banners from UT. It would be nice to see these return. Simple and effective.

Comment

Hopefully one of yours, Henrik :>

On topic: I prefer t to see a classic flag-design. This one reminds me of a Roman flag - which is not bad, but if I had to choose, I'd rather take a classic flag like we had in previous UTs.

Comment

I'm with ramses. I personally prefer the classic cloth flag. I threw this idea together in max.
            I was never really a fan of the flag base in UT3 (I don't believe the previous UTs had a huge flag base) so instead of a huge base and to avoid having the flad look like it's just stuck in the ground, a small utilitarian base could work. Also figured some particle effect type beacon could be used on some areas both for visuals and for locating the flag carrier.
            Attached Files
            MyArtstation
            @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
              I'm with ramses. I personally prefer the classic cloth flag. I threw this idea together in max.
              I was never really a fan of the flag base in UT3 (I don't believe the previous UTs had a huge flag base) so instead of a huge base and to avoid having the flad look like it's just stuck in the ground, a small utilitarian base could work. Also figured some particle effect type beacon could be used on some areas both for visuals and for locating the flag carrier.
              Was waiting for someone to make something better ;p very nice flag! The reason why I would like something different than cloth is you could have the flag leave a short glowly trail behind it instead of the ambient light aura there was in 2004 I think when carrying the flag. Would help flag defenders chase down the EFC possibly. I guess I'm thinking of the trail in World of Warcraft CTF. I like your glow beacon idea, and would work for this.

Here I made your glowy beacon glow ;p
              Last edited by Esula; 07-14-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Original with a better staff would be nice imo. It looked really clean and "real".

Comment

That flag makes me think of Warhammer 40k. It is too exaggerated for any UT game.

I'm with Tetsu -the flag from ut99 is the way to go, IMO.
                  **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
                  64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
                  READY.

Comment

I feel this would be an awesome base decoration for an ancient ruin CTF map.
                    History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                    UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                    UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                    UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Just want to point out that the flag they committed yesterday borrowed heavily from some concepts presented in the original picture posted here.
                      BeyondUnreal Podcast
                      r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Actually, the concept here borrows quite a bit from the UT3 flag.

(dem graphics...)
                        Attached Files
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                          Just want to point out that the flag they committed yesterday borrowed heavily from some concepts presented in the original picture posted here.
                          The flag that was committed was the UT3 flag (as with all the other place holder assets).
                          MyArtstation
                          @jayoplus

Comment

Shows how much I played ctf in ut3...
                            BeyondUnreal Podcast
                            r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsu View Post

Original with a better staff would be nice imo. It looked really clean and "real".
                              Aww come on we can do better than that! I know everyone is nostalgic, besides this is "UNreal" Going to work on a new concept see if I can come up with something awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X