CTF - Flag Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esula View Post
    Aww come on we can do better than that! I know everyone is nostalgic, besides this is "UNreal"
    This was probably also what the decision-makers at Epic said when they during the development decided on what UT3 should look like. - And we all know how that went.

IMHO, the standard flag looks like what the flag should look like, and not look like it comes with its own built-in coffee machine ;p
    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
    64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
    READY.

Comment

I think
      Originally posted by Esula View Post
      looks pretty cool, especially the fact it uses the classic flag looks and builds on that. Either way, it could be higher (looks quite short in height) and one could merge it with the OP's concept with the glowing globe (eventually with U logo in it or another team logo) on top and it will be pretty good looking already.
      However, I think the lower block could be removed and replaced by a cylinder, it looks obsolete and like something which hinders carrying it and adds unnecessary weight.
      S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Solei View Post
        This was probably also what the decision-makers at Epic said when they during the development decided on what UT3 should look like. - And we all know how that went.

IMHO, the standard flag looks like what the flag should look like, and not look like it comes with its own built-in coffee machine ;p
        Epic deserves more credit for UT3 than what people give, still looks better than a lot of games today just for its overall style and gothic architecture. Yes UT3 is overly griddy and lacking color and is hard to see things, but you can make something look "unreal" yet clean with visual clarity, this is a bit off topic anyway.

Last edited by Esula; 07-15-2014, 06:57 PM.
        [Concept] Impact Hammer: Alternative Fire
        [Concept] Game Mode: Infiltration

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
          I think
          looks pretty cool, especially the fact it uses the classic flag looks and builds on that. Either way, it could be higher (looks quite short in height) and one could merge it with the OP's concept with the glowing globe (eventually with U logo in it or another team logo) on top and it will be pretty good looking already.
          However, I think the lower block could be removed and replaced by a cylinder, it looks obsolete and like something which hinders carrying it and adds unnecessary weight.
          Haha yea, you're right.
          I didn't really specify much when I posted that but I was basically aiming for something that may function like the classic UT/UT3 CTF where the flags are "stuck" to the player's back. I figured it could be some form of magnet or device that attached to players' backs but I never really detailed it in the concept.

I believe only UT2004 had players hold the flag in their arms. So depending on the way it will work in this game, I was just making rough 3D sketches (basically giving myself an excuse to get back into 3DS Max and take a break from mapping.

Here's another quick concept I threw together. This is a more "classic" pole staff with the flag waving horizontally (nothing major). Also included a character "card" plane for scale reference.
          Attached Files
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsu View Post

Original with a better staff would be nice imo. It looked really clean and "real".
            That flag represents what EPIC has been saying. 2 words. Visual Clarity.

Though we should inspire by it, i think the flag could be so much better. As for the OPs flag, i really dislike it :/ Someone was making a cool flag, not that bulky, dunno where it is. But it was all flashy and with pseudo-leds. Was cool.
            Last edited by HeisenbergTrip; 07-16-2014, 08:03 AM.
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
              Here's another quick concept I threw together. This is a more "classic" pole staff with the flag waving horizontally (nothing major). Also included a character "card" plane for scale reference.
              That looks cool. Certainly an updated take on a classic flag (that is a flag and does not have an integrated coffee machine).

OP's holo flag is an interesting concept, too. But it looks a bit too static and a bit too influenced by UT3.
              Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
              My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I feel the original UT99 style is the best. You've provided a good design but I feel that it adds clunkiness to the flag for no reason. Just needs a nice clean pole with the flag on it, not too much technological looking stuff involved.

Good work though

Comment

Who needs Flags..Just use Christmas trees Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot00260.png
Views:	1
Size:	977.7 KB
ID:	329657
                  Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Really love the detail you put into the actual flag here. Definitely deserves more details and love then what previous UT's have had with flags before.. awesome! cant wait to see a finished polished version!

Comment

Working...
                    X