Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Axon Research Lab

Hey all,

I saw the UTMC activity over on Polycount, but didn't have enough time to participate before it ended and still wanted to toss this out into the forums. (This is my first post here, so let me know if this isn't the right place).

My thoughts after seeing the awesome Liandri concepts... I wanted to make a counterpart that was a little more military industrial and thought the Axon corporation would be a good fictional fit, since they created a lot of the near future military vehicles in previous titles. So, this is essentially an Axon Research Lab tucked away somewhere. Didn't have much time to flesh out anything besides this image, but wanted to use it for a portfolio piece.

Let me know what you think! I'm hoping to be able to do more if my time permits.

-Jerry

Attached Files

Looks nice, reminds me of a CTF map from UT 2k3/4, can't remember the name though.

And I like the triangle doors

Comment

That is incredibly awesome Jerry! MEGA first post dude! I could totally see this look in the new game.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by jerry_m View Post
        Hey all,

I saw the UTMC activity over on Polycount, but didn't have enough time to participate before it ended and still wanted to toss this out into the forums. (This is my first post here, so let me know if this isn't the right place).

My thoughts after seeing the awesome Liandri concepts... I wanted to make a counterpart that was a little more military industrial and thought the Axon corporation would be a good fictional fit, since they created a lot of the near future military vehicles in previous titles. So, this is essentially an Axon Research Lab tucked away somewhere. Didn't have much time to flesh out anything besides this image, but wanted to use it for a portfolio piece.

Let me know what you think! I'm hoping to be able to do more if my time permits.

-Jerry

Sexy ....map? Its a map or an art-concept? I do like!

Comment

Yea, that's really nice. In fact, it does feel a lot like Elysium, so good job capturing the Axon vibe! Also, that energy shield
          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Yea, that's really nice. In fact, it does feel a lot like Elysium, so good job capturing the Axon vibe! Also, that energy shield
            Great movie dude, its a bit brute but well done, those sweet houses for rich with pools and "sunny days" in a huge space-carrier with circle shape

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
              Great movie dude, its a bit brute but well done, those sweet houses for rich with pools and "sunny days" in a huge space-carrier with circle shape
              Uh what? Elysium is the Axon research facility on Hell as seen in Unreal II.

Comment

Sweet concept art and welcome to the forums! It's a shame you didn't have time to enter the contest because this would probably have a good chance to get in the game. I get a lot of UT2k vibe from looking at this, I think that we're going to end up with nicer looking 2k like environments in UT4. 3 went too far into things in your way and not being able to see anything but 99 is too bare to fly for a 2014 game.

Comment

The mood is perfect just like the overal design. This is something I'd like to see in a map!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Uh what? Elysium is the Axon research facility on Hell as seen in Unreal II.
                    Lol forget me I did a mistake

Comment

I think he meant the movie Elysium, but this might not be too far from it.

Comment

Calling Warbeast, this theme looks right up his alley

Comment

looks good) but how flak`s shrapnel will work on this walls?

Comment

Originally posted by Excitnels View Post
                            looks good) but how flak`s shrapnel will work on this walls?
                            It would work fine. The process of making maps goes through a blockout phase where collision is determined, and then meshes are added to match the collision. Even if the walls appear rough, they would behave as if they were completely smooth.

Comment

Very impressive! I really like it. I've posted it on our social pages!
                              Stacey Conley
                              -----------------------------
                              Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                              Epic Games, Inc.
                              Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                              X