Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doors and Doorways - Because Why Not? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Although Quixel/Substance/3Dcoat seem to have no problem with how UV islands are arranged, it's still better to arrange them yourself when possible, and be able to "read" them easily, so as not to depend on said tools for even the tiniest of tweaks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
    If anyone's wondering why this is taking me so long, it's because UV mapping sucks.
    UV mapping is the biggest pain... thankfully there are plugins and programs that help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow... thanks for info ! So... good luck Captain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UV coordinates are basically texture coordinates you use to stretch a texture over an object's surface. There's no perfect solution, so automated processes tend to suck in one way or another, unless you've expressly designed your mesh to serve as a paper cutout.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have no idea what UV mapping is x) Kind of Height map for the object ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone's wondering why this is taking me so long, it's because UV mapping sucks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    These are sick, great job man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raste View Post
    Daaamn, it's looking guuuud
    I've been sending you screenshots for 2 weeks. :kappa:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Daaamn, it's looking guuuud

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some more pictures. Things are still *very* unoptimized.

Bottom right doorway = default doorway (Opening is 500cm Wide x 600cm Tall x 100cm Deep)

Bottom Left Doorway is Default.

Default Doorway:

Extra Deep Doorway (250cm Deep)

Ultra Wide Doorway (250cm Deep)

This covers the 4 essential door presets. I now must work on modifying the actual "door" to fit these various sizes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MobCat View Post
    looks good man idk if i would use the ramp for the door all that much but it definitely looks cool
    Oh, the ramp is designed so that the top of the ramp can sit like 5cm above the floor (almost flush), and then most of the ramp will be embedded into the floor so that you won't even see 95% of the ramp. The ramp is meant for terrain situations.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate (This version of the door has extra depth to accommodate 250cm deep doorway situations).

Terrain Example:

Flat Floor Example:

No Ramp:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks good man idk if i would use the ramp for the door all that much but it definitely looks cool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys, getting some good feedback on this. I'm currently working on slimming the door down so that it can meet a default 500cm wide by 400cm tall by 100cm deep preset. Afterwards, I will make a double wide and a double tall doorway. It won't be much longer after that and I will begin working on baking this thing out and texturing it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks pretty good Cap. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Work! Looks clean and pro.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X