Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] CTF-Outside Castle Theme

Hey all!

I have some concepts that I managed to put together for the map CTF-outside. Just paintovers trying to establish a mood and style for the architecture. Hope they can help or inspire you guys when making maps of the castle variety.

Cheers!

Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

I am ALL for the third concept, the trenches, the castle, it looks like a great theme for Outside.

Comment

sexy gooba sexy concept art!

by the way, the third picture if you notice the water reflection in floor that decorated pillar looks a bit odd, ita inclinated and not rect at 90 degree position. Anyway me likes!
      Last edited by darksonny; 11-25-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

WOWOW look'n GOOD!

Comment

So is this the next UT's version of Face? The map that makes everyone go, "Wow!" Because that's my reaction.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
            So is this the next UT's version of Face? The map that makes everyone go, "Wow!" Because that's my reaction.
            Haha, but seriously ZOMGWOW. All three are flat out impressive. Good work, Gooba.
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Very nice! I think I may just go ahead and order that second GTX980 lol.

Comment

\m/ Awesome!

One bit of feedback - They all look pretty busy/high contrast overall; i.e. looking at the density of small contrasty details/elements (wall details, bricks, pebbles, puddles) they are very evenly distributed across the entire scene. Would be great to give the eyes a bit of rest and make sure that important areas (i.e. main travel paths and so on) are a little bit less contrasty and easier to read. Would also help composition. The 2nd image does that a little bit with the river/grass area in front of the flag base ramp which makes it read very nicely.

Dig the style overall; i.e. I like that it retains the castle-y feel and works off of the original shapes, photo sourced organic stuff looks cool, and it doesn't go overboard with the techy bittles.

Nice job man!

Comment

*throws money at screen*

This for my taste, is a PERFECT rendition of Outside, I want it to look just like that now. :O

Comment

o my god.

O MY GOD.

PERFECT, I just said "wow" out loud.

I don't know if you are already planning on doing this, but what if the red base for example will have a "dark theme" like the third concept, while the blue one a "bright, white knight" theme? something like the dire and radiant teams of dota 2

Comment

Okay, I have to think of something different to say... how about SPROINGGGG!!!
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Looks cool on paper but I have here UT3 vibe, this is lack of readablity during gameplay.

Comment

I think my eyes just had a visual ******.... Holy $### Gooba. Amazing art work, and i'd love to see this become real.

@Clawfist, Altough CTF-Outside is a great visualy designed open map u dont want to keep it like a Nintendo 64 Mario look a like world right?
                          Last edited by Mcjansen; 11-26-2014, 08:57 AM.
                          | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                          Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

@Mcjansen

This is UT3 style.

And this is what Epic means when they mean "clarity"

http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog...t-art-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                              @Clawfist, Altough CTF-Outside is a great visualy designed open map u dont want to keep it like a Nintendo 64 Mario look a like world right?
                              Of course not, did I say so?

Comment

Working...
                              X