• Show
Clear All

Really like the progress you're making

Keep up the good work
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

This is getting really interesting, especially the progression and iteration. Hope this becomes an official map when it's done.
      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
        Really like the progress you're making

Keep up the good work
        Originally posted by OMNIETY OMEGA View Post
        This is getting really interesting, especially the progression and iteration. Hope this becomes an official map when it's done.
        Thanks for the support guys, I really need that

I'm still far from done, but I'm trying to go as fast as I can for a first geometry pass. The main reason is that I have no BSP ready version of the map that peeps could use to play on servers. So my goal with this is to get a first version of the meshed map with correct lighting and collisions out there asap. I really lack gameplay-related feedback on this unfortunately...

I'm currently working on the bio room (this will be quite something I hope ^^) and I'll bring a new playable update this week. Trying to keep up with the weekly updates !
        Last edited by Raste; 07-06-2015, 12:52 PM.
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Very early attempt, and I'm far from satisfied with the result but I thought I'd share

Attached Files
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Wow cool Raste i will see in a new Pak

Comment

VERSION 619
              Download link: https://ut.rushbase.net/Raste/DM-Hyd...wsNoEditor.pak

If you guys wanna check the latest additions to the map
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

This is looking incredible! It is really cool seeing your thoughts as you implement things. Can't wait to see this finished, but with the amount of detail you are putting into it, that could be quite a while (definitely a good thing, don't skimp on the detail!).
                My maps:

CTF-DBMBridge: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-CTF-DBMBridge

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinBuffMan View Post
                  This is looking incredible! It is really cool seeing your thoughts as you implement things. Can't wait to see this finished, but with the amount of detail you are putting into it, that could be quite a while (definitely a good thing, don't skimp on the detail!).
                  Don't worry, I will not skip details to go faster. There are much better ways to speed up the development haha. Also what you can currently see is the first pass of low-poly geometry. This means that you take the current amount of detail and you imagine that the final result will have between 3 to 6 times that

So yeah, this will take time. I focus right now on making the whole map in a first, fast pass of geometry to get rid of all the BSP and be able to rig the collisions for gameplay optimizations. The main reason is that in its current state no one wants to put it on a server (experimental, mix of static meshes and BSP, etc). So this map is not played in multiplayer and this is an issue because I'd like some gameplay feedback. Can't improve the map otherwise
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Ah, there I can help. I will download the map and run it with some mates locally, and with some bots (will bot paths work alright?) and provide any feedback I can. Now I notice you have a discussion for the game play side of this map as well as the design side, so I will make sure to post to the appropriate thread. There may be a bit of cross over, but we will see how it goes.

It will be in the next few days I should think, but life is fickle.

I think I have read through every comment in this particular thread, it has been very interesting to keep up with. Generally I'll have a quick read in bed in the morning, covers a too warm and the insulation in our house (lack of) ensures I will be stepping out into a fridge, so the extra moments in bed reading through the design work is welcome. I quite like where you are headed, and I think the approach you are taking makes a great deal of sense. Sadly not sure my laptop will handle too much more in regards to the poly count! :P
                    My maps:

Comment

Ah, there I can help. I will download the map and run it with some mates locally, and with some bots (will bot paths work alright?) and provide any feedback I can. Now I notice you have a discussion for the game play side of this map as well as the design side, so I will make sure to post to the appropriate thread. There may be a bit of cross over, but we will see how it goes.

It will be in the next few days I should think, but life is fickle.

I think I have read through every comment in this particular thread, it has been very interesting to keep up with. Generally I'll have a quick read in bed in the morning, covers a too warm and the insulation in our house (lack of) ensures I will be stepping out into a fridge, so the extra moments in bed reading through the design work is welcome. I quite like where you are headed, and I think the approach you are taking makes a great deal of sense. Sadly not sure my laptop will handle too much more in regards to the poly count! :P
                      Thanks ! A play test would be a great opportunity for me to get feedback yes ! The bots are fully operational in the map. As for the poly count don't worry to much, right now it's quite low since it's only a first geometry pass. Thanks for all the support, very eager to hear how the map plays !
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Ok, I tested the level, and have some bits and pieces that may be useful. Now I a not too sure what you are and aren't aware of, so I will list anything that I found.

Bug wise:

- Near the Stinger, when you go down the little ramp with the three health vials, there is a section that glitches graphically on the ground. It is just near the top of a lift.

- There is a little tunnel that has some meshes filled out, where the rest of the area has none. It is on the opposite side of the level from the Flak and is just adjacent to the main room with the chamber. There is a particularly light section in there that seems a bit bright, so perhaps bringing down the intensity a bit would be good.

Other than those 2 things, aesthetically the level is going really well and has a great feel to it. Feels quite futuristic, and clean. Not too sure if that is going to be what you are going for in the end, but it really works well for the sections coming off that main room. Feedback regarding game play is going to be posted in your other thread for this level.

If you need screenshots for anything, let me know and I will go and grab them. I didn't have anything set up to take the screenshots (unless UT4 has some built in feature I am unaware of), but I can easily run with the Steam overlay.
                        My maps:

Comment

Ok, I tested the level, and have some bits and pieces that may be useful. Now I a not too sure what you are and aren't aware of, so I will list anything that I found.

Bug wise:

- Near the Stinger, when you go down the little ramp with the three health vials, there is a section that glitches graphically on the ground. It is just near the top of a lift.

- There is a little tunnel that has some meshes filled out, where the rest of the area has none. It is on the opposite side of the level from the Flak and is just adjacent to the main room with the chamber. There is a particularly light section in there that seems a bit bright, so perhaps bringing down the intensity a bit would be good.

Other than those 2 things, aesthetically the level is going really well and has a great feel to it. Feels quite futuristic, and clean. Not too sure if that is going to be what you are going for in the end, but it really works well for the sections coming off that main room. Feedback regarding game play is going to be posted in your other thread for this level.

If you need screenshots for anything, let me know and I will go and grab them. I didn't have anything set up to take the screenshots (unless UT4 has some built in feature I am unaware of), but I can easily run with the Steam overlay.
                          Thank you for taking the time to test the map.

The first point I am aware of, it will be corrected in version 620. As for the second point, I can check the lighting
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Speaking of version 620...

VERSION 620
                            Download link: https://ut.rushbase.net/Raste/DM-Hyd...wsNoEditor.pak

Just a few changes, some optimizations and further reuse of the already existing assets in the map. The bots are getting quite nice to play against now

I implemented the feedback given for this iteration, it's ready to be tested / played / enjoying Please feel free to give feedback and play this map online or with friends if you can, your opinion matters !
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I've left physical/game play aspects of feedback in the other thread, but here I have a few visual glitches I found:

- Near the Stinger where the windows are, you seem to have some blinds or something outside of the window. I believe these are unfinished, but at the moment on different angles, they present odd glitches, almost as if one side of the mesh was not visible. If you just strafe around the window back and forth a few times, you will see what I mean.

- Up on the semi circle ledge that has the 5 health vials above the sniper in the main room, there is an image stuttering against either wall after doing the lift jump. If you strafe a little bit near the wall, looking at where it joins with the floor, you will see it. Seems like 2 meshes are conflicting with each other or something like that.

That is all I was able to find this run. As far as feedback for the direction of the level: I love it. The style is awesome, and I have no suggestions on making it better. Looking forward to the next release.
                              My maps:

Comment

if you're still planning to use these, then i'd suggest making this pillar wider. it feels like it should be more massive to support such a robust construction. it doesn't feel realistic this way.

you could easily do twice as much
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by User-843d7; 07-19-2015, 02:56 AM.
                                PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Working...
                                X